Question 13 fans in Corsair 5000T! What is needed to control them all?

Oct 20, 2022
I'm planning on getting the Corsair 5000T case. It has 3 intake fans in the front and I'll be adding 3 fans on the side for intake, 1 in the rear for outtake and a 360mm radiator on top in a push pull configuration.

Ideally, I would like to be able to control all of these fans separately. For instance, changing the 1 rear outtake fan without changing the speed/color of other fans, or changing the 3 on the side without it changing the speed/color of the radiator fans.

I know this case comes with a Commander Core XT and the QL120 3 pack comes with 1 lighting node pro, but is there anything else I need to buy to control all of these in the way that I would like? Also, will I need fan splitter cables?

Any help would be appreciated.

*Note all fans will be QL120 except the top side of the radiator which will be the ML fans it comes with.

Oct 25, 2022
mn0MDS4.png
4FwtdFi.png

288572496_XT10fanelitesetup.thumb.png.d29e6c850f4a9c4d6f6da8b6945fa20a.png

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Oct 25, 2022
Ive got 13 fans in my 5000 RGB case.
I used the Commander Core & Pro & RGB hub setup.

3x fans on the front
3x fans on the side
1x rear case
6x push/pull on aio rad.

The 6 aio all goto the Commander Core
The 6 front & side goto the Commander Pro
The rear case fan plugs into the motherboard fan header or splitter to another fan, use a argb splitter if want to run rgb on this fan

s-l1600.png

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022
Ive got 13 fans in my 5000 RGB case.
I used the Commander Core & Pro & RGB hub setup.

3x fans on the front
3x fans on the side
1x rear case
6x push/pull on aio rad.

The 6 aio all goto the Commander Core
The 6 front & side goto the Commander Pro
The rear case fan plugs into the motherboard fan header or splitter to another fan, use a argb splitter if want to run rgb on this fan

s-l1600.png
Hey, thanks a lot for your response. Your setup sounds exactly like how I want the fans in my build to work.

So with this setup you are able to control all fans' speed and RGB individually? It sounds like I'll need to use at least use a splitter for 1 one of the fans instead of plugging it into the mobo so I can control it's RGB. I assume that would make it tied up with the speed/color of the other fan it is plugged into the splitter with so I would prefer to make that one of the fans on the top of the AIO or something where I want them always to perform/look the same instead of that 1 rear exhaust fan.

Also, the 3 packs of QL fans I'm getting come with "Lighting Node Core." Do you know if this would work instead of the RGB hub you used? (it looks like it will have to work because the RGB hub I see on Amazon only supports "HD/SP RGB fans only" )

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022
There is couple of ways to do this setup.

Fan 13 is the problematic one. it can be connected to the mother board for speed control or it can be on a splitter with another fan in the setup.
But that will clone the same speed with which fan its connected to.

The RGB on fan 13 will clone to what fan its on the rgb splitter with.

Lighting Node Core, I used the wrong wording in the other post and called it RGB Hub.
So the the lighting node plugs into the Commander Pro.

For more info have a look here:

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/168235-zottys-corsair-5000x-faq-guide/

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/164020-icue-elite-capellix-faq-and-setup-info/

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/176332-zottys-corsair-5000t-faq-guide/

Reactions: HungryHamster
Feb 17, 2023
Do you have any updates? I saw this post and was actually wondering if the 5000t supported a push-pull config with the AIO at the top of the case. Did it work for you?