1300€ Gaming PC approval

Oct 27, 2018
I'm building my first gaming pc during the holidays. So I hope someone could approve my build before I go and waste my money. For me fps is the most important thing when it comes to gaming. I play mostly games like Overwatch. I would also need a cherry mx red keyboard and a nice gaming mice. My budget is 1350€. Also I'm not sure about the monitor. It needs to be 144hz, but it should be pretty cheap (about 200€). Do I need a better cooler than the stock R5 cooler. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/62mdw6

Solution
Hard to fault your choices, looks like a good build overall. There's no need for a cooler unless you want to overclock, but my personal recommendation would be try it at stock speeds with the stock cooler for a while first and see if you get good enough framerates. Then if you want to squeeze a bit more performance out of it later get a cooler and overclock it a bit.

If you really want to focus on FPS though you might have to consider an intel 6 core i5, it will cost you more and I think the Ryzen is a much better overall CPU for the price, but so far intel is still the fps king.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Hard to fault your choices, looks like a good build overall. There's no need for a cooler unless you want to overclock, but my personal recommendation would be try it at stock speeds with the stock cooler for a while first and see if you get good enough framerates. Then if you want to squeeze a bit more performance out of it later get a cooler and overclock it a bit.

If you really want to focus on FPS though you might have to consider an intel 6 core i5, it will cost you more and I think the Ryzen is a much better overall CPU for the price, but so far intel is still the fps king.

Solution
Oct 27, 2018

Thank you so much! I think I will stick with the Ryzen, because it's better for the money. I might even do something else in the future, like editing or streaming.