lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
I know this has been posted on the forums gazillion times before, but I forgot...I have a system with a 160 SATA HD and and IDE 200GB HD, what do I have to do to get Windows 2000/XP to recognize my HD capacity more closely? It's seeing both HD's as 130GB right now.

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
First of all your BIOS has to support drives over ~127GB, then you need SP1 or SP2 for your Windows installation.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
SP1 supported large drives

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
boo your wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------
<b>It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
SP1 supported my 160GB drive as a single partition, I'm right!

RichPLS

Champion
SP1 supported my Maxtor 200gig drive...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
My SP1 see's my 2x74GB Raptors in RAID 0 as 148 GB. SP1 supports over 127 GB, but the board must support 48-bit addressing (which his board does).

My System:
<A HREF="http://amdgamingrig.dyndns.org" target="_new">http://amdgamingrig.dyndns.org</A>