crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok, I ran 3DMark 2000 on my system (config at the end), and got the strangest result. Everything ran just fine, and I'm sitting there thinking I'm gonna get my 4 or 5 THOUSAND. Nope. I got a <b>131</b>. Looking closer, I noticed that it detected my CPU as a 50 MHz Athlon, not 550. H. Oda's CPUID detects it correctly. All my games, the nVidia graphic demos, even 3dMark's own demo runs just fine, despite the alleged 50 MHz CPU. What could be causing this behavior??

AMD Athlon 550 @ 550
Asus K7M motherboard (AMD irongate chipset, 100 MHz bus)
192 MB PC133 CL3 RAM

Guillemot 32MB DDR GeForce
Sigma Designs Hollywood+ DVD Decoder
Sound Blaster Live Value
NetGear 10/100 NIC

Maxtor 27.3GB 7200RPM
Maxtor 61.4GB 5400RPM
Toshiba 6x DVD
AOpen 12x10x32 CDRW (piece-of-crap!)

OS: Win2k Advanced Server, SP1, all latest updates, directX 8.0a

Anyone? Any ideas?

~Crapple0

"intel inside, idiot outside"

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, coming from crapple its that much better.

BTW I thought AMD didnt have any incompatabilities! but I guess that just my imagination...

ROFL @ Crapple

131 rocks dude!

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
From the AMD site:

"Microsoft Windows®2000 Patch for AGP Applications on AMD Athlon™ and AMD Duron™ Processors

Description of Issue

An issue has been identified that could result in the corruption of video data shared between AGP graphics adapters and AMD Athlon™ or AMD Duron™ processors when running Microsoft Windows®2000. This issue is independent of system chipset and has been observed when running Ziff-Davis 3D Winbench™2000 and Mad Onion 3DMark™ 2000 in benchmarking mode.

Solution

AMD and Microsoft have worked together to identify a patch that involves adding a key to the registry. To add the key run the registry key installation file below or add the registry key as detailed in Microsoft KnowledgeBase article Q270715. AMD recommends that AMD Athlon and AMD Duron users with AGP graphics adapters running Windows 2000 install this patch."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to get the patch.

http://www.amd.com/products/cpg/athlon-duron/amd_win2k_patch.html

G

That is a glitch of 3dmark 2000. Fugger you moron. I have a p3 500 and it sometimes registers as a p3 50 too.

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
But when I pointed out "glitch" in MadOnion benchmark all you lame ass AMD loser were like, it must be my imagination, and that it was BS, there is no glitch. well there you fucen have it a "glitch" that was confirmed!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>But when I pointed out "glitch" in MadOnion benchmark all you lame ass AMD loser were like, it must be my imagination, and that it was BS, there is no glitch</b>
PROOF???
Well, maybe most of the time you're dreaming?

JustPlainJef

Splendid
Feb 20, 2001
OK, who told Fugger that AMD had no incompatabilities? I know it wasn't me. Someone has to fess up for this... For revealing the secret you have to be drawn and quartered. Who told him? Come on, it will only hurt for a second.

Hey Fugger, WHAT system has no incompatabilities? Please tell me because I'd like to buy one.

What's a signature? Oh, those words that show up after all my comments? I don't need one of those!

G

No one deny's that amd is more troublesome to setup than intel but they both have problems. I for one see it as a small price to pay for the performance/price advantage of amd. I doubt this will be a continued problem with amd even though it is more of a via mistake (I’m sure amd kindly suggested via to make sure it doesn’t happen again) As you can see from my previous post this is not an example of a amd problem. Pentium 3 500mhz also posted as 50mhz before as well so I say it is a onion error.