133 FSB CPU on 100 FSB mobo?

If I try to run a (say Pentium 3) CPU with a 133 MHz FSB on a motherboard
that only supplies a 100 FSB, will the thing just run at 100 FSB and 25%
slower in overall speed too?

TIA
Norm

Norm Dresner <ndrez@att.net> wrote:
> If I try to run a (say Pentium 3) CPU with a 133 MHz FSB on a motherboard
> that only supplies a 100 FSB, will the thing just run at 100 FSB and 25%
> slower in overall speed too?

Yes. Assuming the voltage and pinout of the 133Mhz FSB chip is supported by
the motherboard.

--
Nate Edel http://www.nkedel.com/

"Elder Party 2004: Cthulhu for President -- this time WE'RE the lesser
evil."

"Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message
> If I try to run a (say Pentium 3) CPU with a 133 MHz FSB on a motherboard
> that only supplies a 100 FSB, will the thing just run at 100 FSB and 25%
> slower in overall speed too?

Yes.