1330x0 screen resolution

Jazehiah

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
I recently upgraded to a Geforce GTX 680 from a GTX 650 on my windows 8.1 PC, but for some reason, My monitor displays a green pixelated screen and says the resolution is 1330x0.

The computer posts on start, but I can't see the bios because of the aforementioned problem.

My specs are:
MOBO: Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU: Intel i7 1339k
850 watt power supply
Case: Rosewill Challenger mid-tower
RAM: 8GB 133mhz DDR3
The monitor is a Hitecker 19" TV

Jazehiah

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
I did plug both power but through a single cable.

The problem persists on hdmi, but I just tested my old graphics card using a dvi-a to VGA adapter (monitor has no dvi ports) and it works perfectly.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

both through a single cable? what do you mean? Should be a 8 pin and a 6 pin.

Jazehiah

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
The card has only two 6 pin connectors. The two 6 pin connectors were both on a single power cable that plugges into the power supply. (looks like an IDE ribbon, but with power cables)

I know that the card works, because it worked in a friend's PC without any trouble.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Ah ok, mine has 8+6

What PSU?

Can you try using separate cables?

Jazehiah

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
It's a "Thermaltake M series" I don't have separate cables with me at the moment, earliest I can get them would be sometime next week, when I go home for Thanksgiving. But the cable configuration shouldn't really matter, right?

Jazehiah

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
OK, so the graphics card went kaput again today, but I think I found the solution.

When I tried booting the computer using the DVI-A port with a VGA Dongle, everything worked fine. The times it failed to display anything all occurred when I booted using the HDMI port. I don't know why changing the ports made a difference because I can switch to the HDMI port just fine as long as the computer is already running.

Thanks for all of your help!

Latest posts