[SOLVED] 1333mhz ram causing PC to not boot

Apr 21, 2021
Hello! I have a MSI A58M-E33 and currently have 1600mhz 6gb ram (2gb stick and 4gb stick, both 1600mhz). I recently bought another 4gb ram but its frequency is 1333mhz, and if I have done proper research, it should still work, the only side effect is my 1600mhz stick would run at 1333mhz, which I had no problem with. The only issue is, whenever the new 4gb ram (1333 mhz) is plugged into my pc, my pc would just not post. My mobo has 2 ram slots and I've tried inserting it in the first slot, second slot, first slot and 2gb ram on second slot, second slot and 2gb ram on first slot, and the same with the 4gb ram (1600 mhz). I've also tried inserting only my 2gb ram, and then went to bios and changed the frequency to 1333 mhz. It just wouldn't work. Anyway I can fix this? (PS. I've also tried resetting my CMOS by plugging it out of my pc and waited for a few minutes until plugging it back in.)

Here are my specs:

https://postimg.cc/0zYt68fQ

Solution
That mobo is Amd, so will support high density ram, it was Intel that had high/low density issues especially with lga775. It also supports upto 32Gb of ram, so definitely supports high density, dual rank ram (double sided chips).

Off brand doesn't usually matter, especially when run in default speeds. There's only half a dozen OEMs (like Samsung or Micron or SkHynix) and they make ram for everyone else. You'll get the same SkHynix chips in Corsair LPX as in Kingston or Patriot or Gskill or Oloy or several dozen other brands.

It sounds like you have a need for 1600/1866MHz ram, as that's native for the cpu. If running a 32bit Windows (x86) , like Win7 or XP etc, then you are maxed out at 4Gb anyway, so more ram won't help. You'd need a...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That mobo is Amd, so will support high density ram, it was Intel that had high/low density issues especially with lga775. It also supports upto 32Gb of ram, so definitely supports high density, dual rank ram (double sided chips).

Off brand doesn't usually matter, especially when run in default speeds. There's only half a dozen OEMs (like Samsung or Micron or SkHynix) and they make ram for everyone else. You'll get the same SkHynix chips in Corsair LPX as in Kingston or Patriot or Gskill or Oloy or several dozen other brands.

It sounds like you have a need for 1600/1866MHz ram, as that's native for the cpu. If running a 32bit Windows (x86) , like Win7 or XP etc, then you are maxed out at 4Gb anyway, so more ram won't help. You'd need a 64bit (x64) Windows version of 7 (rare) or 10 to make use of more than 4Gb. If x64 OS then I'd bite the bullet and get 2x4Gb in a single matched kit and not worry about your old 2Gb stick. If an x86 OS, then just another 2Gb stick should work.

Solution