[SOLVED] 1333Mhz

Mustafa_23

Honorable
Nov 10, 2016
Hi, please help me change BIOS settings for 4GB DDR3 ram, currently, it shows 667 max bandwidth and 533Mhz Dram Frequency. And shows 1066 MHz in task manager. I think shop keeper has taken my 1333 and installed 1066 MHz Ram. Please help if its 1333 or 1066 MHz?
MSI G41m-P25
Windows10

Solution
Here's your mobo manual: https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/M7592v6.0.zip

It's been a long while since I tuned a system this old, but here goes:
  1. Go into BIOS
  2. Go to the "Cell Menu"
  3. Go to "FSB/DRAM" Ratio
  4. Change the ratio until you see "Adjusted DRAM Frequency" at 1333mhz
  5. It's possible that there won't be a ratio that gets you to 1333mhz - I simply don't remember.

Alternatively you can also overclock the CPU by increasing the Front Side Bus (FSB) Frequency. By increasing the FSB you will also be increasing the DRAM frequency (unless you change the "FSB/DRAM" ratio.) Increasing the FSB is considered overclocking. Your CPU will run at a faster clockspeed but will also generate more heat and use more...

larkspur

Distinguished
Here's your mobo manual: https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/M7592v6.0.zip

It's been a long while since I tuned a system this old, but here goes:
  1. Go into BIOS
  2. Go to the "Cell Menu"
  3. Go to "FSB/DRAM" Ratio
  4. Change the ratio until you see "Adjusted DRAM Frequency" at 1333mhz
  5. It's possible that there won't be a ratio that gets you to 1333mhz - I simply don't remember.

Alternatively you can also overclock the CPU by increasing the Front Side Bus (FSB) Frequency. By increasing the FSB you will also be increasing the DRAM frequency (unless you change the "FSB/DRAM" ratio.) Increasing the FSB is considered overclocking. Your CPU will run at a faster clockspeed but will also generate more heat and use more power. It might also make your system unstable and crash (especially if you go too far). If you have no experience with this then I don't recommend it, it's just too much of a learning curve and the benefits probably aren't worth the hassle.

Solution