Question 13700k : temperature, Watts, tdp?

m.bsatgini

Honorable
Sep 21, 2017
Hello,

I would love to have some advices about my new build if you have some time to help
I've ran a 5900x for two years but the platform had issue for few months (with a dark hero), random qcode 00 which annoyed me so much so I decided to drop it and go back to intel.

I've ordered the 13700kf (good price on caseking :)
I have a TUF 4090
I ordered a Strix Gaming Z790-F
My Aio is Is a Ryujin 360 with A12x25 fans,
My PSU is a Seasonic Prime TX1000 Titanium

Will it be fine regarding temps and watts you think, i've seen videos about the 13900kf and the power consumption and that limiting tdp does not affect fps.

Will my 1000 w be enough and safe?
Should I limit tdp of the cpu and at which value?

I'm quite freaking easily about temps and even if the 13700kf won't be as warm as the I9 (I hope so?), i'm still a bit worried about it

Thanks a lot for your help..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
limiting tdp does not affect fps.
Because games do not draw much cpu power to begin with, and they are not sustained power loads. What you may have seen from Cinebench, Prime95, or whatever else from reviews - completely different scenario.
A review here shows a few game samples of PEAK power: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-13900k/22.html
All in all, limiting short turbo power will do next to nothing for the majority of games. Power limiting shines in core heavy professional applications, benchmarks/stress tests.

The rules have changed regarding temperatures. Temperature limited boost curves are the new normal, as introduced by AM5 and Raptor Lake.

Hello,

I would love to have some advices about my new build if you have some time to help
I've ran a 5900x for two years but the platform had issue for few months (with a dark hero), random qcode 00 which annoyed me so much so I decided to drop it and go back to intel.

I've ordered the 13700kf (good price on caseking :)
I have a TUF 4090
I ordered a Strix Gaming Z790-F
My Aio is Is a Ryujin 360 with A12x25 fans,
My PSU is a Seasonic Prime TX1000 Titanium

Will it be fine regarding temps and watts you think, i've seen videos about the 13900kf and the power consumption and that limiting tdp does not affect fps.

Will my 1000 w be enough and safe?
Should I limit tdp of the cpu and at which value?

I'm quite freaking easily about temps and even if the 13700kf won't be as warm as the I9 (I hope so?), i'm still a bit worried about it

Thanks a lot for your help..
You can go into the bios and lower your PL limit. There's also a German version of this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Bm0Wr6OEQ&t=976s

Reactions: shady28