Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

hi,
can anyone help,i have installed a 1394 firewire card it
is showing up in my devise manager with a exclamation
mark,and it states it has a code 10,
..
thanks for any help.
brian

do you have SP1 installed ?

--
Bienvenidos al sitio de MVP de Microsoft
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>
> Recuerda: Una Consulta, Un Foro:

Este mensaje se proporciona "como está" sin garantías de ninguna clase, y no
otorga ningún derecho.

You assume all risk for your use.

XP Pro-2600-limpia+SP1

por favor
respuestas al grupo; asi nos beneficiamos todos
no se responde personalmente

saludos

Antonio
ms mvp windowsxp shell user

"brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> can anyone help,i have installed a 1394 firewire card it
> is showing up in my devise manager with a exclamation
> mark,and it states it has a code 10,
> .
> thanks for any help.
> brian

Brian, open device manager, select the 1394 card and remove
the card and reboot, it should be redetected and installed
again.

If that doesn't remove the [yellow !] use device manager to
remove it again and shutdown. Open the case and check to
see that the card is securely inserted in the PCI slot and
any power connections required are attached. Some Firewire
cards require a direct connection to the power supply.
Check the documentation on your card (if you don't have it,
get it on-line) to see that it is properly installed.
Reboot again.

SNIP|