Question 14 year old needs PC upgrade in Australia, brisbane, logan

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
Hey I'm 14 browsing the internet looking for great ryzen 3 or 5 deals and There's one on Amazon but I'm 14 and I can't buy it I have to wait 1 more year to get a job at McDonald but I really wanna upgrade my system the fx 6300 has already showed its age I can't play pc games with out being mad at the PC

Yeh it's held up in some titles but I really wanna play more PC game I solid my Xbox one for it and right nowbim regreting it anyways I just need someone to help me with a job in Australia Brisbane Logan area mostly Marsden and loganlea or Woodridge but I really need the PC community to help me build a gaming PC so me and my friends can play the new cod mw

System spec

Fx 6300 3.5ghz
Sapphire R9 380
M5a78l-m/usb3 (up to date bios)
Antec 550w PSU
111gb ssd (boot up system)
1tb HHD
14gb ram (16000mhz)

Oh did I mention I'm play on a LCD TV

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

WildCard999

Titan
With money being tight look for used parts as quite a few people went from first gen Ryzens to 3rd gen and you may be able to find something used such as the Ryzen 1600 for cheap and it would be substantially better then the FX 6300. This would also require a new motherboard and DDR4 memory but it's a worthwhile upgrade.

As for a job do something that would earn you a little bit of cash here and there until you can get a paycheck job. I used to push my dads lawnmower around the neighborhood and offer to mow peoples yards for like $20 each. That being said if you do under the table work for others make sure your parents are aware of where your going and if your borrowing tools/machinery.

Reactions: Mrgr74

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
With money being tight look for used parts as quite a few people went from first gen Ryzens to 3rd gen and you may be able to find something used such as the Ryzen 1600 for cheap and it would be substantially better then the FX 6300. This would also require a new motherboard and DDR4 memory but it's a worthwhile upgrade.

As for a job do something that would earn you a little bit of cash here and there until you can get a paycheck job. I used to push my dads lawnmower around the neighborhood and offer to mow peoples yards for like $20 each. That being said if you do under the table work for others make sure your parents are aware of where your going and if your borrowing tools/machinery.
Yeh ofc i haven't tried mowing peoples lawn coz I'm shy and don't have lawn mower but I really need a pay job

logainofhades

Titan
Funny thing is he lives an 1 hour away from me tossed him an email for his help but no responds but that Ok his busy Anywyas

For something to just get you by, until you get said job, one of his cheap Xeon ideas might be a good idea. I know he has a few different vids, on some really cheap Xeon builds, that might allow you to reuse your current ram, to cut costs. You just have to put in the effort to find said deals. I would also switch to 2x4gb, and get rid of that 2x2gb kit. Dual channel 8gb, is superior, performance wise, to 12gb, in single channel.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yeh ofc i haven't tried mowing peoples lawn coz I'm shy and don't have lawn mower but I really need a pay job

Dog walking. Trash pickup. Collecting recyclables. Baby sitting. Pet sitting. Lots of options for a creative mind.

Shyness can be overcome by your personal motivation. Ask parents and relatives for advice. Show them you are committed to earning this for yourself. They may have some ideas for you.

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
For something to just get you by, until you get said job, one of his cheap Xeon ideas might be a good idea. I know he has a few different vids, on some really cheap Xeon builds, that might allow you to reuse your current ram, to cut costs. You just have to put in the effort to find said deals. I would also switch to 2x4gb, and get rid of that 2x2gb kit. Dual channel 8gb, is superior, performance wise, to 12gb, in single channel.
Maybe the ram is giving me performance issues you never know it is a computer after all

king sheriff

Reputable
Sep 23, 2019
Dog walking. Trash pickup. Collecting recyclables. Baby sitting. Pet sitting. Lots of options for a creative mind.

Shyness can be overcome by your personal motivation. Ask parents and relatives for advice. Show them you are committed to earning this for yourself. They may have some ideas for you.
Wow have you ever tired to be a motivated speaker that the first thing I'm doing in the morning asking street for help I mean I'm pretty good a computer so maybe they might have computer problem