[SOLVED] 144 Hz Display + Blu-Ray Drive

Marnad

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Hello folks,

When playing a blu-ray on my PC, is there any way to take advantage of the high refresh rate offered by my monitor (120 Hz ~ 144 Hz)?

I had an LG TV that was rated at 120 Hz (1080p) and when compared to a regular 60 Hz TV, there was definitely a difference (playing blu-rays - much smoother and clearer image during scenes of motion). I do realize that the TV had internal components to obtain this image quality.

Does the image data run through the SATA cable, motherboard, and then my GPU...? Anyhow, any experience/insight would be appreciated - thanks!

(Note: I have yet to install a blu-ray drive)

Solution
There's no trick or something special needed to be done, to watch blu-ray content on PC with 144 Hz monitor. Since monitor displays the 144 Hz regardless what you watch on your PC. Be it 30 FPS homemade video, 60 FPS youtube video, 120 FPS blu-ray movie or 144 FPS game; your monitor still operates at 144 Hz, which you can enjoy.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
There's no trick or something special needed to be done, to watch blu-ray content on PC with 144 Hz monitor. Since monitor displays the 144 Hz regardless what you watch on your PC. Be it 30 FPS homemade video, 60 FPS youtube video, 120 FPS blu-ray movie or 144 FPS game; your monitor still operates at 144 Hz, which you can enjoy.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS