Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Hi I need a new monitor and my budget is 500 euro
Screen 1 acer predator XB241H
144hz G-Sync with TN.
Screen 2 --------- 144hz with IPS
Wich should I buy?

Solution
So, you have Nvidia cards that support G-Sync, thats good. To me personally I don't see much of a difference in non competitive games with higher fps/hz. Others do see difference and I can't say if you will benefit from it. The IPS panel will have better viewing angles and you don't need to sit in the center with perfectg angle to it and IPS generally are known for good image quality and colors. If you would say you play a lot of games like Counter Strike or Overwatch where every frame/hz maybe relevant, then go for 144hz.

What resolution is it you want to buy? What display do you own currently?

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
So the question comes down to G-Sync vs IPS panel? It depends on whats important to you and probably what you are doing with it. Most IPS panel have better image quality and G-Sync can help reducing tearing and input lag, if you experience that. What graphics card do you have? What do you play? Do you want edit photos?

Kracor

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017

my graphics card is the gtx 1060 atm I'll buy 20**/volta that's like 1080ti(+) performance.
I play AAA such as ARK and COD black ops 3 (more a fps game), maybe I'll edit some videos but it's the most for gaming

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
So, you have Nvidia cards that support G-Sync, thats good. To me personally I don't see much of a difference in non competitive games with higher fps/hz. Others do see difference and I can't say if you will benefit from it. The IPS panel will have better viewing angles and you don't need to sit in the center with perfectg angle to it and IPS generally are known for good image quality and colors. If you would say you play a lot of games like Counter Strike or Overwatch where every frame/hz maybe relevant, then go for 144hz.

What resolution is it you want to buy? What display do you own currently?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS