[SOLVED] 144 hz option not visible on a 144hz monitor.

Apr 5, 2020
Ive got a 144hz 1080p monitor Asus VG248
And as cable ive got is "Goobay HDMI 2.1 8k Ultra High Speed"
And its specs on the store page i found from: 8K@60Hz and 4K@120Hz. so if its able to pull 4k@120hz where is my option for 144hz at 1080p doesnt make any sense.

Cant see the option to switch any higher than 60hz on windows settings and nvidia control panel.

I have DVI cable but its no longer an option because my gpu doesnt support it.

Solution
There are a few different VG248 models, but it seems that 144Hz is only available through DisplayPort or DVI Dual Link. The monitor doesn't appear to support 144Hz when using HDMI, which is not uncommon.

For reference, here's a link to the VG248QE manual - on page 3-8, the table shows that 144Hz requires DisplayPort or DVI Dual Link.

You can always look up the manual for your specific model, to make sure the requirements are the same for your monitor
There are a few different VG248 models, but it seems that 144Hz is only available through DisplayPort or DVI Dual Link. The monitor doesn't appear to support 144Hz when using HDMI, which is not uncommon.

For reference, here's a link to the VG248QE manual - on page 3-8, the table shows that 144Hz requires DisplayPort or DVI Dual Link.

You can always look up the manual for your specific model, to make sure the requirements are the same for your monitor

Last edited:
Reactions: JerT
Solution