1440 gaming monitor Dell U2518D vs AOC AGON AG241QX

vasilopoulos.gogos

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
Hello guys, I'm looking for a monitor and I would like to spend no more than $450. I have no clue about monitors and I am really confused as what to buy. I have ended up my search in those 2 monitors that you can see in the title. From what I've read the Dell has a very nice image quality but nothing amazing in terms of performance. On the other hand the AOC has 144hz and 1ms response time but features a TN panel. I am worried that the AOC image quality in terms of "beautiful colors" and generally "wow" factor will be very poor.
Do you think that it would be a huge difference?
Anyone has any of these monitors to confirm or deny?
Also If you have other suggestions they are welcome.

Thank you guys.

Solution
The AOC is first and foremost a gaming monitor. To get the most of it, you need an AMD GPU, as it supports FreeSync. Seroius Reviews say "the monitor is worth the price".
The Dell is an allrounder monitor, with IPS, which is good, but some drawbacks for gaming (60Hz).
It is "ok for the price" in reviews as well.
So, it's not that the monitors are "bad" in any way in that price region, but i think you have to decide for yourself, if within your budget (and depending on existing hardware) what you really want.
A monitor with that resolution needs a GTX 1070, or a AMD Vega 56, so if you don't own one of those or better (i.e. you own a GTX 1060, or a GTX 970), i'd rather rethink that options completely, and perhaps look for a 27" monitor...

ragnar-gd

Reputable
The AOC is first and foremost a gaming monitor. To get the most of it, you need an AMD GPU, as it supports FreeSync. Seroius Reviews say "the monitor is worth the price".
The Dell is an allrounder monitor, with IPS, which is good, but some drawbacks for gaming (60Hz).
It is "ok for the price" in reviews as well.
So, it's not that the monitors are "bad" in any way in that price region, but i think you have to decide for yourself, if within your budget (and depending on existing hardware) what you really want.
A monitor with that resolution needs a GTX 1070, or a AMD Vega 56, so if you don't own one of those or better (i.e. you own a GTX 1060, or a GTX 970), i'd rather rethink that options completely, and perhaps look for a 27" monitor with FullHD or even 1980*1200.

Solution