1440p 144hz G-Sync $500-$600 price range

N4D3R_

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hi, I am looking to buy a 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor around the 500 to 600 dollar price range. I am planning on buying the RTX 2080 (I need to see the reviews and benchmarks first of course). What monitors would you recommend? I was looking at the XB271HU by acer and the HP omen 27 monitor. Thank you for the time!

Solution
Hi, I just compared monitors with these specs and found the Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU bmiprz 27" to be the best choice for me. It was compared to the +$100 more ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27" and from what I gathered from reviewers the Acer had less backlight bleeding.

I bought the Acer and I'm thoroughly impressed with the monitor. I mean, it's not blown away impressed (coming from 144Hz 1080p and 60Hz 4K), but comparing it to 1080p while in-game makes the graphics look amazing and having the high refresh rates along with G-SYNC makes it much more fluid than 4K 60Hz, so it's worth it for me. The only thing I'm unsure of is the IPS being worth it or not, because I wasn't initially impressed with the colors though there may be some ways to...
Hi, I just compared monitors with these specs and found the Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU bmiprz 27" to be the best choice for me. It was compared to the +$100 more ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27" and from what I gathered from reviewers the Acer had less backlight bleeding.

I bought the Acer and I'm thoroughly impressed with the monitor. I mean, it's not blown away impressed (coming from 144Hz 1080p and 60Hz 4K), but comparing it to 1080p while in-game makes the graphics look amazing and having the high refresh rates along with G-SYNC makes it much more fluid than 4K 60Hz, so it's worth it for me. The only thing I'm unsure of is the IPS being worth it or not, because I wasn't initially impressed with the colors though there may be some ways to adjust it. I've only had mine for about 3 days now.

There was another ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27" that I wasn't aware of until after I made my purchase. It has the same specs as the two above but $100 cheaper than the Acer.

*The games I've played on the monitor are PUBG and Battlefront II, both of which I was thoroughly impressed and satisfied with the visual improvement of 1440p resolution and the high refresh rate and G-SYNC removing the screen tearing I used to see.

Solution