Question 1440p 144hz TN or IPS MONITOR

Feb 27, 2019
Hello there,

I think you should definitely go for a TN monitor as the response time is lower than the IPS. On the TN monitor you can configure the display colour as you wish. So, that is not an issue.

An example:

Dell S2716DG 27 Inch TN Anti-Glare LED-backlit LCD Gaming Monitor (Black) (1 ms Response Time, QHD 2560 x 1440 at 144 Hz, Nvidia G-Sync HDMI/DP/USB with Tilt and Swivel) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01784K78A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_trWDCbTVQJFH6

Reactions: HerEyeSin

Bentheball1

Reputable
Nov 28, 2016
i agree with Hattori46. i think you said you're a competitive player, in which high refresh rates and high resolutions are important. IPS panels are usually for people who do photo design and need to have the accurate colours. the one Hattori46 listed sounds like a great monitor. some of the reviews say

Has all the same specs as the ROG Swift at about one hundred dollars less. I cannot speak to the quality of others' units but mine arrived with zero dead pixels and absolutely no issues whatsoever. Would recommend. Coming from an old 1080 resolution at 60 Hz this think looks amazing.

love this monitor, nothing but good things. I've never had an IPS display though so I can't compare it to that. Gsync and 144 hz is glorious

Color is fantastic after you play with the settings a bit. Turn your Gama down on your pc settings and this monitor shines. The 144hz makes your pc feel very fast and responsive. Didn't realize how good of a system I had until I plugged it into this monitor.

HerEyeSin

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
i agree with Hattori46. i think you said you're a competitive player, in which high refresh rates and high resolutions are important. IPS panels are usually for people who do photo design and need to have the accurate colours. the one Hattori46 listed sounds like a great monitor. some of the reviews say

Has all the same specs as the ROG Swift at about one hundred dollars less. I cannot speak to the quality of others' units but mine arrived with zero dead pixels and absolutely no issues whatsoever. Would recommend. Coming from an old 1080 resolution at 60 Hz this think looks amazing.

love this monitor, nothing but good things. I've never had an IPS display though so I can't compare it to that. Gsync and 144 hz is glorious

Color is fantastic after you play with the settings a bit. Turn your Gama down on your pc settings and this monitor shines. The 144hz makes your pc feel very fast and responsive. Didn't realize how good of a system I had until I plugged it into this monitor.
👌