[SOLVED] 1440p 144hz

Rockyb11

Reputable
Feb 15, 2016
Hey everyone,
I've been recently upgrading all of my computer components and peripherals due to having lots of spare cash (federal stimulus). I have upgraded to a Ryzen 9 3900X and 2070 Super to get into 1440p gaming. I've had the same 100hz 1080p IPS for years and am a bit out of the monitor knowledge when it comes down to it. There are still a lot of monitors out of stock due to the shipments being stopped at the ports but I have narrowed my search down to a few:

Asus VG27AQ
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088MLC8PH/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Dell S2719DGF
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-27-Inch...id=1597432799&sprefix=144,aps,169&sr=8-3&th=1

LG 27GL850
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-ult...onitor-with-hdr-black/6358119.p?skuId=6358119

Threw a TN in there just to see what the thoughts were on it, seems to be one that has decent color and viewing angles for a TN
I have no real budget but I don't think spending more than my graphics card was on a monitor is good so $500 is it
I do mainly gaming, excel and watching videos but I also have a 4k tv above my setup. Let me know what I should pick up
Thanks

Solution
Both the LG and the ASUS have a 1ms response time, so no, you are not giving anything up there. Even my LG 32GK650F-B panels which are VA (And have far superior black uniformity and no IPS glow issues at all, like IPS panels ALL have) and have a 5ms response time have no issues that are discernible to me as far as ghosting or lag of any kind. Of course, I'm no competitive gamer or anything, more casual really, but I'd still notice if there were issues and I know a number of people who DO play at a much higher level than me with the same panels I have that have clearly said they have no issues at all gaming on them.

It's very unlikely to notice any issues in this regard with 5ms or lower response time, for 99% of people.
The LG is a little bit conservative when it comes to contrast, and if you tend to game in a very dark room the black uniformity may be less than pleasing as you'll likely not get the deeper blacks that people like have come to look to VA panels for, but if you generally game in a well lit room, this will probably not be a concern for you at all. Aside from that, the LG is an excellent gaming monitor.

The ASUS is much the same, and for gaming it's probably a tossup between these two models. I like the LG panels better myself.

The Dell isn't even in the same class as these other two.

Both the LG and the ASUS have a 1ms response time, so no, you are not giving anything up there. Even my LG 32GK650F-B panels which are VA (And have far superior black uniformity and no IPS glow issues at all, like IPS panels ALL have) and have a 5ms response time have no issues that are discernible to me as far as ghosting or lag of any kind. Of course, I'm no competitive gamer or anything, more casual really, but I'd still notice if there were issues and I know a number of people who DO play at a much higher level than me with the same panels I have that have clearly said they have no issues at all gaming on them.

It's very unlikely to notice any issues in this regard with 5ms or lower response time, for 99% of people.

Solution

Rockyb11

Reputable
Feb 15, 2016
Ok thanks. I researched the LG and the Asus ones a bit more and saw a few videos showing how the LG was the end all for IPS 1440p. Will be ordering that today
Thanks for the help