[SOLVED] 1440p monitor looks less sharp than my 1080p monitor ?

Apr 9, 2022
Hi,

I recently noticed that my 1080p monitor on the windows desktop and other applications such as Google Chrome and Discord looks better than my 1440p monitor on those same applications (It's sharper, more clear, and on my 1440p monitor it just looks kind of blah).

I'm not sure what's wrong with it (or if anything's wrong with this and it's normal)

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks!

Solution
Hi,

I recently noticed that my 1080p monitor on the windows desktop and other applications such as Google Chrome and Discord looks better than my 1440p monitor on those same applications (It's sharper, more clear, and on my 1440p monitor it just looks kind of blah).

I'm not sure what's wrong with it (or if anything's wrong with this and it's normal)

Thanks!

Turn off any scaling you may be doing, you are probably using scaling of 125 or even 150% on the 1440 screen.
Apr 9, 2022
It should not make a difference but it doesn’t hurt to try simple things. Can you try different cables or swapping cables? Are you using display port on both?
Yep, using DP on both. They're both running on the cable that came with the monitors, but I just switched them and there was no difference in picture quality on either.

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
1st of all check if they are at the maximum quality. 2nd check the space between the pixels(2k monitor should have 1/3 less of distance), check if are running some software that modify your monitor settings(also if you have nvidia gpu check if is actived the nis or the option on the nvidia panel, same on amd) and check your monitor settings, check for last if your monitor is 1440p or 1440i.
If you have done all of that, and all is fine you can last do some test with the ufo test, if it does not give you any result idk what could it be

Hi,

Thanks!

Turn off any scaling you may be doing, you are probably using scaling of 125 or even 150% on the 1440 screen.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Solution