Question 1440p monitor recommendation for $300 USD

Super88

Commendable
Mar 22, 2019

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
I'd say for you to go for the acer one. But note that will you benefit from 144hz that much? It depends on your pc specs. So as you say you're doing lots of office work and rarely playing video games, you'd need like gtx 1070< gpu and a good processor to enjoy the all the power of 144hz. Because if you are a person like me that enjoys high framerate and high hz monitors on a good pc i'd say totally go for it. cuz if you're mainly doing office work you wont benefit that much from 144 hz.

Super88

Commendable
Mar 22, 2019
I'd say for you to go for the acer one. But note that will you benefit from 144hz that much? It depends on your pc specs. So as you say you're doing lots of office work and rarely playing video games, you'd need like gtx 1070< gpu and a good processor to enjoy the all the power of 144hz. Because if you are a person like me that enjoys high framerate and high hz monitors on a good pc i'd say totally go for it. cuz if you're mainly doing office work you wont benefit that much from 144 hz.

The only thing I don’t like about the Acer one is that is a TN display which for what I know has terrible colors and very poor viewing angles , should this be a major concern?

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
The only thing I don’t like about the Acer one is that is a TN display which for what I know has terrible colors and very poor viewing angles , should this be a major concern?
well if your not going to look at your monitor from 170< angle i think you'll be fine. I think you should configure yourself out which is more important to you. Of course if you take PPI screen, the colours will be lots richer and deeper. Mostly i'd say if your working with graphics, colours etc. go for a good panel.

Jun 11, 2019
I have two AOC Agon AG241QX monitors and I love them. Fantastic ergonomics, steel support, great picture. Some have complained about the anti-glare surface and bad viewing angles but they don't bother me.
QHD TN Panel 144Hz 1ms G-SYNC + AdaptiveSync

Microcenter new $280
Woot refurbished for $250 (Ended)

There is also a 27" version available, AOC Agon AG271QX, looking like that one's roughly $400 new.

Last edited: