romanon

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello!
If I don't game much, but I want a sharp monitor for
text (Word, coding, notepad),
browsing, and
watching 1080p movies and Youtube

Will i benefit from a 1440p monitor, or will it cause more trouble than benefit?

(I don't want a 4K monitor as I like high refresh rate for daily Windows use)

Help will be much appreciated!!!

Solution
Hello!
browsing, and

Will i benefit from a 1440p monitor, or will it cause more trouble than benefit?

I got a 27" 1440p monitor for productivity (Word, Coding, Browsing, Youtube) not for gaming, and I LOVE it.
I got a Dell last Thanksgiving for around $240. Unfortunately the price on that monitor has increased to almost $400.
But I love the monitor and use it for working form home. And watching youtube.

romanon

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
well.. it will obviously help.

For desktop use you can run any resolution with no problem.
and it will be sharper.

sidenote: why do you like high refresh rate for desktop use? thats.. kinda weird.

Thanks :) I am worried about the imperfect up-scaling issues I have been reading about. Did I not understand it correctly? As the resolutions are not dividable (to an integer).

About the high refresh rate (my laptop), it feels very smooth when going back to 60Hz now, so I am just accustomed to high refresh rate smoothness now.

Thanks :) I am worried about the imperfect up-scaling issues I have been reading about. Did I not understand it correctly? As the resolutions are not dividable (to an integer).

About the high refresh rate (my laptop), it feels very smooth when going back to 60Hz now, so I am just accustomed to high refresh rate smoothness now.
The bad scaling is of windows items. like icons and the menu tray, application size on opening and such from my knowledge.

curiousmcgeorge

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2015
Hello!
browsing, and

I got a 27" 1440p monitor for productivity (Word, Coding, Browsing, Youtube) not for gaming, and I LOVE it.
I got a Dell last Thanksgiving for around $240. Unfortunately the price on that monitor has increased to almost $400.

Reactions: romanon
Solution

romanon

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Thanks man! That's a really great (and accurate) answer to my question!!! :) Appreciate it.