[SOLVED] 1440p on a smaller physical monitor than 27"

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
This may be a uninformed question, but here is the background and rationale for the question: my primary display is 27" (2560x1440). I have added a secondary screen which has less resolution, 22" - I believe it is 1080p.

I would like to put some content which is on the primary screen over to the secondary one without having to reduce it in size. Right now due to the difference in resolution that is not possible. After much research, it seems that the only way to accomplish this is to purchase another 27" screen, which I do not want to do as space is limited.

Am I missing something fundamental here, or it is true that I am limited by what is available?

Solution
This may be a uninformed question, but here is the background and rationale for the question: my primary display is 27" (2560x1440). I have added a secondary screen which has less resolution, 22" - I believe it is 1080p.

I would like to put some content which is on the primary screen over to the secondary one without having to reduce it in size. Right now due to the difference in resolution that is not possible. After much research, it seems that the only way to accomplish this is to purchase another 27" screen, which I do not want to do as space is limited.

Am I missing something fundamental here, or it is true that I am limited by what is available?

You would have to get another monitor at the same or higher...

You would have to get another monitor at the same or higher resolution for it to not have to be reduced in size. Granted there will be a small difference going to a 24" 2560x1440, but the only reduction would be due to screen size instead of resolution. The Lenovo L24q is a nice 24" 1440p monitor.

Solution