1440P Vs. 1080P Monitor for gaming on a PS4?

What a 1440 monitor cannot handle 1080 in? How would 1080 look on a 1440 monitor? And I do have a decent gaming PC, I will play on both, I was just wondering which would be better, so you think the 1080 ASUS is better?

I'm saying the PS4 outputs games in 1080p, so there's not much point in buying the higher resolution monitor. It would look anywhere from fine with a black border to hideously stretched, depending on the monitor.

Considering your usage scenario, I just don't see the 1440p monitor being worth it.

xl2aNd0m

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Wait until the PS4 is actually released (holiday season = cheaper prices). But yeah PS4 will max output is 1080p at release. There is a possibility that it can output 4K content but it'll be mostly movies or simple games like angry birds. But I feel like a lot of games will be max at 720p like BF4 so it can sustain 60fps.

hmm rather than 60 fps i heard most dev might stay with 30 fps for console especially shooting games (third person or first person). they say people with controller can aim much better with the frame rates limited to 30fps. i don't know the detail why is that but from my personal experience playing third person shooter on pc such as dead space i can feel the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps not only in smooth animation. with 30fps it feels i don't need to react as fast as when then game played at 60 fps. other than that they can give more eye candy to the game if they decides to sacrifice 60 to 30fps.

DirkXXVI

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

I don't know. Both Microsoft and Sony have stressed 1080p and 60 fps for their new consoles. Also developers have confirmed that COD: Ghost, Battlefield 4, Forza 5, and the new Halo will run at 60 fps on the consoles.

Sony is "actively push[ing]" for PlayStation 4 developers to deliver games that render at 60FPS/1080p, according to a developer working on the console.

The only game I have seen that looks like it's running at 30 fps (maybe even slightly lower) has been Dead Rising 3 which is disappointing because that is the main game that's pushing me towards buying a console on day 1.