[SOLVED] 144Hrz Monitor stuck at 60hrz after changing to a RTX 2080 Xtreme

Dec 26, 2019
I recently got a new RTX 2080 Xtreme and when I installed every driver (up to date) and plugged in my 2 Monitors, the 144hrz was stuck at 60hrz even when I was using a DVI to Display port due to the new grapgics card not having a DVI slot. I also tried using different types of slots but none worked for me and my Monitor doesnt have a Display Port.

My monitor: benq zowie xl2411p

SPECS:

i7 7700k
RTX 2080 Xtreme 8GB
32GB RAm

Solution
I'm sorry if I sound annoying but I even turned it around and checked at the location from the picture you send me and there are only 4 inputs at the bottom of it with them being a DVI, HDMI , D-SUB and the power cable. No display port anywhere on the Monitor and I checked inside the system and it is a "XL2411-b" it says.
You have the XL2411 not the XL2411P. The difference is the non p has VGA and no displayport, the HDMI ports only support 1080p@60Hz.
So you options are an expensive active DP to DL DVI adapter(~$100), a new monitor that has a displayport or support 144hz over HDMI or return the card and get a model that has Dp(will cost about $40-50 more than the adapter) or return the card for a model with DL-DVI.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
See here regarding the adapter you're using and why it most likely isn't working as you expected.

bignastyid

Titan
5XgkOV6.jpg

Dec 26, 2019
The XL2411p has 3 video inputs, DL DVI-D, HDMI and Displayport, so look for the displayport.

I'm sorry if I sound annoying but I even turned it around and checked at the location from the picture you send me and there are only 4 inputs at the bottom of it with them being a DVI, HDMI , D-SUB and the power cable. No display port anywhere on the Monitor and I checked inside the system and it is a "XL2411-b" it says.

bignastyid

Titan
You have the XL2411 not the XL2411P. The difference is the non p has VGA and no displayport, the HDMI ports only support 1080p@60Hz.
So you options are an expensive active DP to DL DVI adapter(~$100), a new monitor that has a displayport or support 144hz over HDMI or return the card and get a model that has Dp(will cost about $40-50 more than the adapter) or return the card for a model with DL-DVI.

Solution
Dec 26, 2019

Ah Okay, Thanks for the Help!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do see the links i posted because there are tested adapters if you go this route.

Imo, a new monitor should be considered at some stage. DVI is being slowly phased out, superseded by HDMI and DP and active DL adapters are expensive.