144hz 1080p (G-Sync?) on the cheap side

Apr 21, 2018
I'm looking at Asus- VG248QE (no G-Sync) or AOC- G2460PG (G-Sync)

Would AOC (or other options if there are) be better and would i actually see the difference?

Solution
Well I would go for that AOC monitor then. It got pretty good reviews.

https://www.monitornerds.com/aoc-g2460pg-144hz-1080p-monitor-gsync-2016/

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Your system specs? What gsync does is mach your monitors refresh rate to the framerate your game or application is running at, so for example if you were running a game at 105fps the monitor would run at 105hz. This eliminates tearing when in the gsync range, and reduces stuttering when compared to vsync falling below the refresh rate, also much less input lag compared to vsync.

You need an nvidia card to use gsync. I really like gsync, whether it's worth the price is a matter of opinion.

Apr 21, 2018
I can buy them for around the same price.

Thing is that i will be using my old AMD card (so G-Sync won't benefit me till new one) but planning to change it in few months for 1070ti/ 1080

If you dont have an Nvidia GPU, dont get gsync.

Yes, you can see the difference between gsync and no gsync. But screen tearing is less noticeable at higher fps. So if you are playing +120fps all the time with a high end GPU, tearing is less noticeable. But if you are playing 60fps or lower, the game play will be butter smooth.

Personally, I love gsync, but it is expensive. It is doubling the cost of the monitors you selected based off of their prices on Newegg. So I dont think that gsync is worth twice as much as a monitor.

Here is an Acer that has similar specs with gsync and is on sale for $350. That is much easier to swallow than the AOC monitor in my opinion.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009908

Apr 21, 2018

I can get used AOC (ideal condition with 1,5 year warranty) for around 266$ (converting from my currency) so it would be just 10/20$ more expensive than getting brand new Asus without G-Sync

That is a good price. Go for it.