[SOLVED] 144hz/165hz monitor

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi all I currently have a 75hz freesync monitor. I’ve never seen or played on a 144/165hz display. Is it a totally different experience?

I find that while I’m gaming it’s not smooth it like jitters maybe that’s because I have a low refresh rate? I was thinking of upgrading my graphics card but it probabaly won’t make a difference if I have a 75hz display. I was looking at the Acer VG270 S

any help will be great thanks all

Last edited:

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
i used 60hz monitor before i used my 144hz monitor rn. I play valorant and minecraft and it makes a HUGE difference.

If it jitters it might be you internet. search up internet speed test on google and run it. if its bad try using ethernet or getting a better router and whatnot.

If the jitter is constant and happens very often, its probably not the low refresh rate, but that your computer can't handle generating that many frames. try lowering your game setting, closing other apps, etc.

this is my current monitor. 144hz refresh rate in 1080p. 1080p tbh isn't really that bad, and I really do recommend 1080p if your computer can't handle many frames, as I mentioned already.

monitor

pretty good price also.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
i used 60hz monitor before i used my 144hz monitor rn. I play valorant and minecraft and it makes a HUGE difference.

If it jitters it might be you internet. search up internet speed test on google and run it. if its bad try using ethernet or getting a better router and whatnot.

If the jitter is constant and happens very often, its probably not the low refresh rate, but that your computer can't handle generating that many frames. try lowering your game setting, closing other apps, etc.

this is my current monitor. 144hz refresh rate in 1080p. 1080p tbh isn't really that bad, and I really do recommend 1080p if your computer can't handle many frames, as I mentioned already.

monitor

pretty good price also.
I just started gaming so I thought my pc wasn’t powerful enough. I got a 200mbps line is it’s fast. I got a 165hz monitor and the difference is so much better compared to the 75hz now.