Question 144hz/60hz borderless refresh rate normalize to 60hz

Katene

Reputable
May 11, 2019
This only happens when I play a twitch stream or youtube videos on the 60hz monitor I lose the refresh rate on my 144hz if I'm playing on borderless. (Using chrome and firefox causes this issue, IE seems good.) I'm using 144hz on DP and 60hz on HDMI both are on the same GPU.

I tried GPU scaling on, I turned off amd freesync, I tried killing dwm.exe (windows 8.1), I tried hardware acceleration off and on and also tried 120hz/60hz didn't work niether.

i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Motherboard MSI H97 Gaming 3

Dec 6, 2018
I have this problem as well, becomes a problem when I'm streaming because having the stream/chat pulled up on my secondary monitor causes it on my main.
It seems to also create a bit of noticeable input lag when gaming on my main monitor.

I haven't found a fix either and it seems to be a known issue on Windows 10, basically running two different refresh rates confuses the system.
I have noticed that locking your frames to 60 while gaming or streaming on your main monitor does help the input lag a bit, but as far as a complete fix I've found nothing.

Katene

Reputable
May 11, 2019
I tried FireFox and disabled hardware acceleration and it seemed to be working so far, I have to watch on 720p and lower to keep the 144hz. Also if you're using bttv for twitch I had to disable GIF emotes, if they get spammed it ruins it. But I don't stream so I don't know if that'll work