[SOLVED] 144hz Dell S2719DGF bad Motion Blur when moving camera

Bronm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
I have read every post I can find about 144hz and blur when in motion.
I bought a Dell S2719DGF 7 months ago, it;s suppose to be 144hz...
I've only been playing slow motion games but now with Borderlands 3 and Outer Worlds, I've noticed a huge problem.
My game goes blurry if I move the camera. It's making the games almost unplayable. I have read everything I can trying to fix this issue. Any help is super appreciated.
RTX 2060
Dell S2719DGF connected by DP
Overclock is off
Motion Blur in game is off
Monitor Response is Normal (tried fast & faster just because)
V-sync on & off
Change AF to every setting
Nvidia Control says 144hz

I've seen some posts mention an option on a monitor like "Tracefree". I have tried every option I can, nothing helps.

In nvidia control I tried switching to 60hz and playing the game. It looks the same to me. Maybe slight improvement on 144hz. I did get bad screen tearing on 60hz, turned on v-sync and it improved tearing, not the motion blur though.

I'm pretty sure I'm past my Best Buy return window. Really, any help would be super appreciated!

Solution
go into the OSD of the monitor and see if it is set to fast response time.
If it is, that's what's causing the ghosting, and you need to set it to normal.

Also, be sure to go into NVIDIA control panel and enable G-Sync for both full screen and windowed

Bronm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
I did try the monitor with another computer and still noticed the same blurry effect.

To test the other computer I had to use an HDMI 2.0 cable, where with my computer I used a DP cable. When using the HDMI cable, red pixels appeared sprinkled on the screen.

Trying to use the HDMI cable on my computer resulted in the monitor not picking up the signal. I was able to get it working once and the red pixels were present.

Switching my display settings to only display 60hz allows me to use the HDMI cable without the red pixels.

The problem seems to be only when 144hz is selected. Which might be why I see no difference in games when I switch between 60hz and 144hz.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

Also, be sure to go into NVIDIA control panel and enable G-Sync for both full screen and windowed

Solution

Bronm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015

Thanks for the response!
Unfortunately, turning off the fast/faster response was the first thing I tried.
G-sync is set to full and window mode as well. Tried just full screen and tried with it off. No luck.

I got my hands on another Display Port cable today - No luck here either.

And it's not so much a ghosting issue, it's more like the textures reduce in resolution.

Surprisingly Dell just sent me an email saying they are shipping me a new monitor...

Bronm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
Props to Dell, they overnighted a replacement monitor. Unfortunately the problem is still occurring.

I'm left to believe that the issue must be from my RTX 2060.
Does anyone know if it's possible that Nvidia control panel could show 144hz but the GPU not actually be outputting at that speed?

Bronm

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
So a little update. I went out and bought a RTX 2080 super. I'm getting 30fps more, but the damn blurryness is still there.
My only thought is that it is being caused by some setting in Nvidia Control Panel. I don't know enough about the 3d settings to mess to much with them.
Anyone have any ideas?