144hz gamers, some advice?

a_matrix_20

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
So, I've been really interested in a 144hz monitor for my desktop, but the only thing holding me back is my laptop; you see, besides my custom desktop (capable of 144hz), I have an Alienware gaming laptop that I take with me to game mostly when I go back to my home country (usually for 1-2 months ) 2 or 3 times a year. Of course, the laptop has just a 60hz screen. I know going up to 144hz will make me never want to go back to 60hz. I just want to ask, is it really like that?, Would you stop wanting to play in your laptop because it would just feel like a downgrade or something? What would you recommend me to do? I game at 1080p and I'm not interested in any higher resolution.

I mostly play R6 Siege, but lately I've been playing some PUBG and DOTA 2

Specs if you need them~

Desktop: Ryzen 7 1700x - 16GB - GTX 1070 Laptop: i7 4720hq - 8GB - GTX 980m

Solution
I have a 144hz monitor and some of my friends have 60hz. It’s not that huge of a difference imo but also the games I’m able to take advantage of it in are e sports titles. But you could also take just the monitor and laptop when you go home and use the monitor at 144hz with your latptoo.

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
I have a 144hz monitor and some of my friends have 60hz. It’s not that huge of a difference imo but also the games I’m able to take advantage of it in are e sports titles. But you could also take just the monitor and laptop when you go home and use the monitor at 144hz with your latptoo.

Solution