[SOLVED] 144Hz IPS vs 240hz TN

Solution
You will not be able to reach 240Hz in many games with a 1070Ti. Without G-Sync, I would advise against it as you will gey tearing and in some cases even some stuttering at times for having lower FPS. That's my own opinion at least.

Plus, unless you're a competitive gamer, 240Hz isn't a necessity. Most people like myself who've used both 144Hz and 240Hz will tell you that it's not that big of a difference. It's certainly a nice luxury to have as you go from damn smooth at 144Hz to buttery smooth at 240Hz.

In my case I opted for a 144Hz IPS. I also do some Graphic Design work and watch a lot of Netflix, Movies, Youtube as well as reading on my PC so I preferred having an IPS panel instead.

Make yourself a pros & cons list man. See...
You will not be able to reach 240Hz in many games with a 1070Ti. Without G-Sync, I would advise against it as you will gey tearing and in some cases even some stuttering at times for having lower FPS. That's my own opinion at least.

Plus, unless you're a competitive gamer, 240Hz isn't a necessity. Most people like myself who've used both 144Hz and 240Hz will tell you that it's not that big of a difference. It's certainly a nice luxury to have as you go from damn smooth at 144Hz to buttery smooth at 240Hz.

In my case I opted for a 144Hz IPS. I also do some Graphic Design work and watch a lot of Netflix, Movies, Youtube as well as reading on my PC so I preferred having an IPS panel instead.

Make yourself a pros & cons list man. See what's more important to you! Having a buttery smooth picture or a nice bright screen with better color reproduction and viewing angles.

Solution

TheDeadlyFeet

Reputable
May 4, 2019
pcpartpicker.com

Make yourself a pros & cons list man. See what's more important to you! Having a buttery smooth picture or a nice bright screen with better color reproduction and viewing angles.
Well, 144Hz vs 240Hz is like 1 ms difference or so. (Which is too little to even think about it)
But TN vs IPS is a good/big difference. I'm not a Graphic Desginer, but I guess it's better to choose IPS.

I'll choose 144Hz IPS instead, thank you!