[SOLVED] 144hz monitor advice

Sep 19, 2019
hi everyone, i was thinking to buy a 144 hz monitor, but my pc doesn't seem to have a display port, instead hdmi and dvi-d dual link
can i still reach 144 hz? and any advice for a monitor to do so?

if it can be useful i have a ryzen 5 2600 and a gtx 1660

thanks.

Solution
gtx 1660 msi gaming x

is it possible that even if compatible the people that assembled my pc didn't put it on the outside? i'm sorry i'm not really competent, maybe i'ìm so dumb i can't see it lol.
That card has 3 DP ports. No that is not possible. Are you looking at the back of the GPU? Not the motherboard IO where your USB ports, Ethernet, and such are. The GPU should be below that, this is where you plug in your display cable.

Take a picture of the back of your PC and post it if you are still confused.
Sep 19, 2019
Im pretty sure you have display port. What model GTX 1660 is that? I think they all have at least one display port.

gtx 1660 msi gaming x

is it possible that even if compatible the people that assembled my pc didn't put it on the outside? i'm sorry i'm not really competent, maybe i'ìm so dumb i can't see it lol.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
gtx 1660 msi gaming x

That card has 3 DP ports. No that is not possible. Are you looking at the back of the GPU? Not the motherboard IO where your USB ports, Ethernet, and such are. The GPU should be below that, this is where you plug in your display cable.

Take a picture of the back of your PC and post it if you are still confused.

Reactions: Keyman277
Solution
Sep 19, 2019
Yes, if your monitor has a DVI port or supports 144 Hz over HDMI.

There's a list of monitors that support 144 Hz over HDMI in section 7 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-a-120-hz-display.3268285/

so if i undertsand correctly if the monitor has a dvi port, having the pc a dual link dvi-d, it should reach 144hz on a 144hz monitor?
or it still depends by the monitor like hdmi? in that case i would really like a list like that but for dvi-d.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
No problem. Well I see your issue lol. Pull the black protective covers off in the area i badly circled.

\
IMG-20190919-193046-LI.jpg

Reactions: Keyman277