[SOLVED] 144hz monitor drops to 42hz at times

programram

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
So this happens rather rarely and I can't seem to find any pattern to it but sometimes out of nowhere I'll notice a bunch of my games get capped to 42 FPS and until I actually go into the settings of my PC and switch from 143 to 120 and then back to 143 it does not unlock its stuck at 42 even on my desktop.

This is a BenQ EX2710

Any help to figure this out would be awesome

GoldxDog

Prominent
Jun 26, 2021
So this happens rather rarely and I can't seem to find any pattern to it but sometimes out of nowhere I'll notice a bunch of my games get capped to 42 FPS and until I actually go into the settings of my PC and switch from 143 to 120 and then back to 143 it does not unlock its stuck at 42 even on my desktop.

This is a BenQ EX2710

Any help to figure this out would be awesome

I have literally the same issue with a different 144hz monitor (asus vg278q). This issue started to happen by the end of May after updating my gpu driver to the latest version, so I suspect that Nvidia did an oopsie. I was looking for a fix since it first happened but I couldnt find anything yet. The only temporary fix is that I have to turn the monitor off and on but that cannot be a long term solution.

TRENDING THREADS