Question 144hz monitor is only allowing me 120hz

Deima_

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
Monitor im using is ASUS VG249Q.
Im using a DP to HDMI cable since thats what i had so im not sure if thats possibly the issue.
I checked in my nvidia control panel and advanced display settings and its still capped to 120hz.
Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Jul 27, 2020
in nvidia controll panel create a custom resolution with your normal resolution and change the refresh rate to 144 then just apply it and it should work

Deima_

Reputable
Jul 17, 2017
in nvidia controll panel create a custom resolution with your normal resolution and change the refresh rate to 144 then just apply it and it should work
There wasn't an apply option, just test. and when id test it itd just say no signal for a few seconds and then nothing would change.

Jul 27, 2020
There wasn't an apply option, just test. and when id test it itd just say no signal for a few seconds and then nothing would change.
have you checked the settings on your moniter?
But i think your problem is a data flow bottleneck at the dp to hdmi splitter so if you can get a dp or hdmi cable on its own then it should work

Two things to check:

A: Are you trying to use a resolution/refresh combination that falls in HDMI 2.0 bandwidth limits?

B: Are you using a HDMI 2.0 cable? If using an older cable it won't let you apply resolutions the cable doesn't have the bandwidth to support.

ASK THE COMMUNITY