Question 144Hz Monitor Not Smooth

jackwilso_

Prominent
Jan 24, 2019
I'm having a problem with my 144Hz monitor when it comes to playing games. I experience this problem on most of the games I play but not all.

So, I've been playing Hitman 2 and I average on around 70 FPS in crowded areas and it doesn't feel smooth, same thing was happening in State of Decay 2, I was getting around 80 FPS and it just feels laggy kinda.

If you can tell me why, I would appreciate it, thank you.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Overclock that 8700k to 5Ghz baby! Lol why you gaming at 1080? I'd be doing 4k with that setup. Get a new monitor too lol.

You shouldn't really be lagging with that hardware. Do you have the latest nvidia drivers? I guess a GPU bottleneck could be occurring here if you aren't overclocking that i7. But that's a preferable one to have over a CPU bottleneck.

jackwilso_

Prominent
Jan 24, 2019
Overclock that 8700k to 5Ghz baby! Lol why you gaming at 1080? I'd be doing 4k with that setup. Get a new monitor too lol.

You shouldn't really be lagging with that hardware. Do you have the latest nvidia drivers? I guess a GPU bottleneck could be occurring here if you aren't overclocking that i7. But that's a preferable one to have over a CPU bottleneck.

Will overclocking it too 5Ghz give me much of a boost? Also in my BIOS there's actually a profile I can load and it'll set the CPU too 5Ghz, could I just load that? Do I need to be cautious about anything?

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
The profile that loads it should be okay. As with any overclock though you always need to be cautious. I always monitor my stability by using Prime95 and constantly monitoring my temps through CoreTemp or HWmonitor.

jackwilso_

Prominent
Jan 24, 2019
The profile that loads it should be okay. As with any overclock though you always need to be cautious. I always monitor my stability by using Prime95 and constantly monitoring my temps through CoreTemp or HWmonitor.
If I'm gonna overclock it too 5Ghz should I always keep it at that? Or do I only load it when I need it and then put it back to normal.