Question 144hz Monitor not using 144hz any ideas?

Feb 18, 2019
I have a 144hz MSI Optix G27C2 monitor but it seems the same on 144hz as it does on 60hz. I play a lot of games that require flick shots so I would think I could tell but you never know. I used the ufo test wesbite and even on 144hz it only shows 60hz. I used google chrome for this and all my graphic drivers are up to date. I am using the special cable that comes with the monitor that is suppose to give it 144hz. I have a duel monitor set up but even when I unplug the other my results are the same. I use windows 10 and I have a good pc that gets well over 144 fps in games. Is there a way to test the amount of hz my monitor is getting in real time or is the ufo site right and I am only getting 60hz and if that is the case how can I fix it?

Feb 18, 2019
1: What "special cable" are you using? DVI? Display Port?
2: What video card do you have?
3: Did you select "144 hz" in Windows options?
4: Do you have Vsync on or off in game settings and driver software settings?
I am not sure what the cable is called its not the DVI cable or the HDMI cable but it looks similar to the HDMI cable and its use is to allow 144hz. I have Vsync off in games and I have 144hz slected in Nividia and in windows. I have a GTX 1080.

mgallo848

Commendable
Ok, Sounds like you're using a Display Port cable (which is what you want). If that's the case, sorry I can't answer why you're only getting 60. You may have to choose 144hz in the game settings in whatever games you play. Another idea is the game may be thinking the 60hz monitor you have is the "default" monitor and choose 60.

TRENDING THREADS