144hz monitor not working, only 60hz

jaxchristopherbunn

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
So I recently bought a Omen 24.5 in 144hz monitor, to go along with my EVGA GTX 1050 and an old dell monitor (60hz) that I’ve been using for a while. When I use the display port for the omen, it works, but not 144hz. At least it doesn’t show it works. In the monitor menu it still says 60hz even if it I change the response time speed up and have in the the “Gaming mode”

I’ve downloaded the omen driver, but nothing changed. I then went into Nvidia display settings and tried changing the omen monitor to 144hz and applying. But then after doing that and going in the monitor menu, it’s says it’s still in 60hz.

Also, I’ve gone into the GeForce Experience and looked at the “My Rig” and it’s says that my monitor is 60hz, but is that because it is reading the old dell? My dell is connected via DVI and omen using a provided display port

Please help and thanks so much. Really bummed.

CPU- Intel 7 7700k
GPU- EVGA GTX 1050
MOBO- GIGIBYTE blah...

Solution
What does the Windows Display Adaptor say? You can find it by:

Right-click desktop -> select Display Settings -> select desired monitor -> select Advanced display settings -> select Display adapter properties -> select the Monitor tab -> Make sure it says your desired screen refresh rate under Screen refresh rate.

SCGAZELLE

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
What does the Windows Display Adaptor say? You can find it by:

Right-click desktop -> select Display Settings -> select desired monitor -> select Advanced display settings -> select Display adapter properties -> select the Monitor tab -> Make sure it says your desired screen refresh rate under Screen refresh rate.

Solution