[SOLVED] 144hz Monitor overclock

Dec 3, 2020
Recently was able to get my hands on a Dell S2717DG which runs at 2560x1440p 144hz for a reasonable price. I was wondering what the most I could push this monitor overclocking wise in nvidia software. I mainly want to do this because I have an Intel core i9-9900k and a 3070 and the games i mostly play are 200 fps+ so i wanted to take advantage of the extra frames by overclocking.

Recently was able to get my hands on a Dell S2717DG which runs at 2560x1440p 144hz for a reasonable price. I was wondering what the most I could push this monitor overclocking wise in nvidia software. I mainly want to do this because I have an Intel core i9-9900k and a 3070 and the games i mostly play are 200 fps+ so i wanted to take advantage of the extra frames by overclocking.
Just crank your graphics settings on your games then (render resolution too). there isn't much point in having so much excess fps that goes well beyond the refresh rate. If your settings can't go any higher with that much fps, then congratulations you have quite the future-proofed system there. Man I wish I had that much excess fps that my monitor was a bottleneck.

Pytheus

Prominent
Oct 28, 2020
I'd just set a cap on the fps to my monitor's refresh rate. No need to stress your GPU out and create extra heat if the extra frames aren't creating any benefit. I know overclocking is the cool thing to do these days but not if you're killing your system over time just for unusable power.