144hz monitor settings

STABecker

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
I purchased a BenQ XL2411Z monitor two weeks ago with my old computer set up (i5-3470, GTX 650 ti boost, 8gb of G.Skill Ripjaw RAM). I would run CSGO at about 280fps at low settings. Two days ago I got a whole new computer. i5-4690k, ASUS Strix GTX 970, MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming MOBO, 8gb of G.Skill Ripjaw RAM). I am now only getting average 180fps in CSGO on the same settings and it can dip down to as low as 150fps. I know this is still above 144 so I should see all the benefits but I feel like I should clearly be reaching much higher fps. I have GeForce experience installed and the latest drivers as well. I have not overclocked anything.

I also just got GTAV and I was wondering what settings I should use regarding refresh rate. there's a 144 option but when I attempt to use it I can't get my FPS consistently above 144, usually sits around 110 while turning down a bunch of my settings. Should I just run the game at 60 refresh rate so I can keep my graphic settings high and maintain a consistent fps, and if so should I change the refresh rate in my desktop screen resolution?

harboym

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
1. Are you using the same graphics settings in CSGO? And check if geforce experience turned on DSR for CSGO, that could explain it.

2. Graphics setting are personal preference. Yes, if your frame rate is consistently lower than your refresh rate and you don't want to turn down graphics, than lower the refresh rate. If that 144Hz means more to you than your environment settings though than just turn off AA and AO or if that isn't enough lower your texture settings.

Personally I'd just lower the refresh rate. GTA V has great visuals and looks awesome at 60Hz.

STABecker

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015

DSR is off. All the same graphics settings (essentially all on low)