Question 144Hz monitor stuck at 60Hz ?

Dec 29, 2022
I have a 27" G55T QHD, 144Hz Odyssey Curved Gaming Monitor. I am using a DP 1.4 cable connected to a Radeon RX6600 pulse GPU. However, in advanced display settings and even in the monitor tab of monitor properties the only refresh rate available is 60Hz.
This is what i have tried so far:
  • Check if I'm using a cable for 144hz, yes I am.
  • Checked if I had outdated drivers, and updated them all, but nothing changed.
  • Checked if I plugged it into the wrong port, no, I plugged it into the GPU DP port.
  • Tried a different cable, but nothing changed.
  • Tried using another DP port of the GPU, but it didnt work.
  • Turned FreeSync Off, it didn't work.

Dec 29, 2022
I just checked, and it is already 1.2.
Moreover, even though i do not know if it has anything to do with the problem, AMD Andrenalin says that my screen does not support Free Sync even though it does.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022
Try forcing the refresh rate through adrenaline. It would be in settings display than on the right should be a custom resolution chamge the refresh to 144 and save. Check advance display and see if 144 comes up. Also see if in the menu on monitor says 144 if it does(i had to turn off free sync premium on thr monitor memu to than set monitor to 144hz). Than iM assuming your gpu ismt able to read the info off the monitor. A faulty cord has been a problem for me in the past but sometimes you just got a bad driver. If you can roll back an older driver and see if that fixes it. Next would be a full uninstall of amd drivers (if you made a switch from nividia to amd and didmt clear those drivers first could also be a problem. Get the program ddu to fully get rid of any graphics drivers. Restart pc. Go on amd website reinstall them all restart pc. Now your drivers should all be installed. Check your monitors menu make sure free sync is off and hz set to 144 than back to display settimgs and if it doesn't show a 144 option im like pretty sure display port problem or the cord. Im saying this last as the cords are expensive but im like 95℅ sure if you get an 8k dp in to hdmi 2.0 out (make sure its dp to hdmi as they dont work both ways) and plug the dp end into gpu than the hdmi to the monitor. This might work with cheaper cords but im not sure never tried a 4k 60 hz to see if it will do 144 at 2k. I do know it works with the highspeed 8k ones will do 144 at 2k. Id like to point out if i change my odyssey to dp1.2 i can't go higher than 60 hz but on 1.4 it goes 144 so not too sure why that is as 1.2 on my viewsonic does 144. I almost gurantee the 8k cord will work but id at least try turning off freesync in momitor memu and manually change hz to 144 and also disable free sync in addrenaline. If still not coming up 144 in wimdows display. Try overclocking it to 144 in amd addrenaline with custom resolution if it's still not working im like certain its the dp cord or port. Runnimg it through hdmi will do 1440p at 144 just be sure it says 8k dp to hdmi. I even tried the cable out on my 4k and it will do 4k at 144 hz through hdmi. Hope this info helps my odyssey has probably been the most difficult monitor ive yet to owm to set up. Hopefully they make the 1440s better for yea best of luck

Dec 29, 2022
Have you restarted the computer since installing GPU drivers?
Yes
create custom resolution
Resolution px - 2560 x 1440
Refresh rate - 144
Timing standard - manual
G. Pixel clock kHz - 586586
G. Refresh rate - 144
Timing Polarity = positive / negative

rest should get autofilled
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh3-032
Yes that works and it gives me the option to use 144 Hz but when i select it it gives me a black screen