[SOLVED] 144hz or 165hz on 165hz capable monitor

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all!

My question is that I have an Acer Xb273ugs 165hz monitor. On my previous monitor I have used always 144hz.

So my question is that should i use the 144hz or the 165hz on this monitor?
If I set it to higher refresh rate does it consume more power as well?

Sorry for the silly questions. XD
Btw I play a lot, especially competitives.

Thanks for your replies.

Higher refresh rates do consume more power, though between 144 and 165, it's probably not that much.

Use whatever you like and your computer can support.

Keep in mind if you use a second monitor, unless its refresh rate is the same or is divisible by the other refresh rate (e.g., 144 and 72 or 120 and 60), the GPU won't go down to idle clock speeds.

Higher refresh rates do consume more power, though between 144 and 165, it's probably not that much.

Keep in mind if you use a second monitor, unless its refresh rate is the same or is divisible by the other refresh rate (e.g., 144 and 72 or 120 and 60), the GPU won't go down to idle clock speeds.

Selynelar

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019

Thanks for your reply.
I am using only one monitor so in this case I dont need to worry about the gpu clock speed during idle I beleive it.:)

Thanks again.

ASK THE COMMUNITY