144hz or not

Aug 5, 2018
hi , i have a geforce gtx 970 that gives me 80fps in ultra detail in almost all games i play ,and a 144hz monitor ,my question is , do i sacrifice the ultra settings to get more fps to achieve 144fps ?

Or is a 144hz monitor a waste od money with this card and settings?

If i play with 80fps all the time , its not better a 75hz monitor?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Having a 144hz monitor simply means you can take advantage of very high framerates, it doesn't mean you have to.

The question you should think about is 'are you happy now with this performance?'. If yes, then don't worry about it. Remember that this monitor will be used for a long time, you may have a more powerful videocard at some point and then have even higher framerates.

As an experiment, run your favorite game and lower the settings to as low as they will go, then check your framerate. The idea is to see if it even makes that much of a difference in smoothness to you. If it does, then sacrificing settings is probably worth it. If it doesn't then stick with the ultra settings.
Having a 144hz monitor simply means you can take advantage of very high framerates, it doesn't mean you have to.

The question you should think about is 'are you happy now with this performance?'. If yes, then don't worry about it. Remember that this monitor will be used for a long time, you may have a more powerful videocard at some point and then have even higher framerates.

As an experiment, run your favorite game and lower the settings to as low as they will go, then check your framerate. The idea is to see if it even makes that much of a difference in smoothness to you. If it does, then sacrificing settings is probably worth it. If it doesn't then stick with the ultra settings.

Solution