[SOLVED] 144hz..

May 17, 2020
Hello, Id like to ask, I want to get a 144hz monitor, but I'm confused about something, does a 144hz monitor demand more GPU usage?

example: If I play Battlefield 4 on a 60hz monitor with 90 FPS, does that mean I will get 90 FPS on a 144hz monitor with the SAME settings?

Also, is it worth getting a 144hz monitor if ill be playing a lot of games with mixed FPS rates (for example in some id have around 60, some id have 300 fps, some id have 80 fps etc), would that effect my gaming experience as a whole if I play diffrenent kinds of games in diffrennt rates of FPS's or i wont notice?

Solution
Hello, Id like to ask, I want to get a 144hz monitor, but I'm confused about something, does a 144hz monitor demand more GPU usage?

example: If I play Battlefield 4 on a 60hz monitor with 90 FPS, does that mean I will get 90 FPS on a 144hz monitor with the SAME settings?

Also, is it worth getting a 144hz monitor if ill be playing a lot of games with mixed FPS rates (for example in some id have around 60, some id have 300 fps, some id have 80 fps etc), would that effect my gaming experience as a whole if I play diffrenent kinds of games in diffrennt rates of FPS's or i wont notice?

Yes you will only get the framerate that your GPU is capable of outputting.

As long as you get a monitor that has either AMD Freesync of Nvidia...
Yes
You would notice it in the games that get over 60fps only.

Reactions: dragonfly123456789

As long as you get a monitor that has either AMD Freesync of Nvidia Gsync (either will work with either brand of card) then not hitting 144hz isn't a big deal as those technologies solve issues like screen tearing and stuttering. Most monitor with these technologies usually have no issue as long as you stay in there range (usually above 50fps).

Solution
And the difference when you start that 144Hz in Windows and start moving your mouse and windows around you will see a big difference. Just playing a game at 120/144FPS like Satisfactory here is such a difference with a freesync monitor and 144Hz. You will never want to return to 60Hz I can assure you that :)

May 17, 2020

As long as you get a monitor that has either AMD Freesync of Nvidia Gsync (either will work with either brand of card) then not hitting 144hz isn't a big deal as those technologies solve issues like screen tearing and stuttering. Most monitor with these technologies usually have no issue as long as you stay in there range (usually above 50fps).
is Gsync (i have ndvia) the same as freesync? Or are they diffrenent?

is Gsync (i have ndvia) the same as freesync? Or are they diffrenent?

GSync was created by Nvidia, Freesync was created by AMD, they both accomplish basically the same thing. However Freesync is cheaper then Gsync because AMD made it royalty free, where as Nvidia charges for the technology so the monitors are more expensive.

A Nvidia card will support freesynce monitors and almost all of them work without issues.

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Last week when our 144hz monitor screen got damage. I pulled out an old reserve monitor 1080p 60hz just to do my work and kids can play for a while. And guess what..

My kids told me they do not want to play anymore on 60hz. They were saying its laggy and stuttery while they were getting 150fps on bf1 maxed out ultra..

So yeah. Thats the difference. You will never wanna go back down to 60hz.. its amazing to play and use your pc on 144hz.

Cheers