[SOLVED] $150 to $200 to replace two keyboard keys worth it?

MinisterNarwhal

Prominent
Oct 20, 2020
Hello,

I've recently been having issues with two of the keys on my laptop's keyboard, the z key and the Windows key. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver, spraying compressed air under the keys in question, all that stuff, to no avail. I've come to the conclusion that it's probably an issue with the keyboard itself, and called a local repair store about how much a new keyboard would be costing me. I was given the price range of $150 to $200 over the phone, which is apparently the best estimate they could give without actually looking at the laptop in-person. This seems like a lot of money to replace just those two keys, and I'm not super stoked about the idea. Is this a worthwhile expense, or am I better off just saving up for a new computer at some point in the future? Or do I have any other options I'm not considering? I own an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315, and I've had it for roughly two years. Any assistance in this matter would be appreciated.

Solution
That sounds about right. You can buy the keyboard on Amazon for 50 bucks and their going to charge a hour or so labor to replace it.