[SOLVED] 1500VA restart my pc while gaming at sudden power cut

Zaraki Zenken Besin

Distinguished
May 13, 2015
Whenever im playing a game and the power suddenly cut off, my UPS seem cant keep up with my PC, it restarted my pc,
But if im only browsing or not heavily using the cpu and gpu, the UPS works perfectly

Whats the cause of this? is 1500VA not enough for my pc? check below for my pc specs
or maybe it because of my power supply? which i dont think so

This is my spec

i7 3770
rx 570
ssd and hdd
cooler master elite v3

this is the UPS information

• Output Frequency (sync to mains) 50Hz / 60Hz ± 2%
  • Technology Online Double Conversion Waveform Type Sine wave Overload Capability > 110% for 30s – transfer to bypass / > 150% for 300ms – transfer to bypass Output Connections (3) IEC 320 C13
  • Input Power Factor 0.97
  • Nominal Input Voltage 230V
  • Input Frequency 46 – 54Hz ± 0.5Hz or 56 – 64Hz ± 0.5Hz – auto sensing
  • Input Connections IEC 320 C14
  • Cord Length 2 meters
  • Input voltage range for main operations 160 – 295V

Solution
a question, if its dead battery, why the indicator did not light the red light? in manual, if the red light is lit. its faulty
also, when im not playing games, the ups works perfectly
With regards to UPS battery condition, it's not always black and white. Like a lot of things, they're consumable items and they operate in a range of health that goes from excellent, good, acceptable, poor, and bad.

The UPS may be rated for 1.5kVA, but the battery health probably has already gone down to a point that it still works for lighter loads, but just gives up if you squeeze it a bit more. So even if your battery might still be in the acceptable state, it may no longer be capable of delivering enough current to supply a loaded computer...

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
Most likely due to a dying or dead UPS battery. I'll start there as this is the most common cause. Beyond that, make sure you're not overloading the UPS.

However, if it's not the battery or you're not overloading it, there's probably something faulty with the UPS.

Zaraki Zenken Besin

Distinguished
May 13, 2015
Most likely due to a dying or dead UPS battery. I'll start there as this is the most common cause. Beyond that, make sure you're not overloading the UPS.

However, if it's not the battery or you're not overloading it, there's probably something faulty with the UPS.
a question, if its dead battery, why the indicator did not light the red light? in manual, if the red light is lit. its faulty

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
With regards to UPS battery condition, it's not always black and white. Like a lot of things, they're consumable items and they operate in a range of health that goes from excellent, good, acceptable, poor, and bad.

The UPS may be rated for 1.5kVA, but the battery health probably has already gone down to a point that it still works for lighter loads, but just gives up if you squeeze it a bit more. So even if your battery might still be in the acceptable state, it may no longer be capable of delivering enough current to supply a loaded computer (ie. when playing games).

Now, that Battery Fault indicator LED might not light up until the battery's health has gone down to poor or even bad and just like the Check Engine Light in your car, it doesn't even begin to give you an insight as to its actual condition.

Lead acid UPS battery life varies greatly with the type of use. They'll typically last 1-3 years for the consumer-grade UPS and 3-5 years for the better quality or commercial-grade ones.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS