16-bit mouse driver

Hello!

I am using an old Access 2.0 program, intended to run on win 3.x. I am
running it on windows xp, and when I do so, the scroll function on my mouse
dos'nt work in the program. It works fine outside the program.

I think it is because the Access 2.0 program is 16-bit and my mouse driver
is 32 bit. So I need a mouse driver that can use the scroll function in a
16-bit environment, as well as in a 32-bit environment.

I have asked Logitech, the developer of my mouse, but they do not have any.

Hope you can help me.

Changing mouse drivers will NOT work for sure.. your old program does not
recognise the scroll function available on the mouse, and it never will..

"myorange" <myorange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I am using an old Access 2.0 program, intended to run on win 3.x. I am
> running it on windows xp, and when I do so, the scroll function on my
> mouse
> dos'nt work in the program. It works fine outside the program.
>
> I think it is because the Access 2.0 program is 16-bit and my mouse driver
> is 32 bit. So I need a mouse driver that can use the scroll function in a
> 16-bit environment, as well as in a 32-bit environment.
>
> I have asked Logitech, the developer of my mouse, but they do not have
> any.
>
> Hope you can help me.

Why not?? Is there no upgrade for Access 2.0 to work with a mouse with scroll??

"Mike Hall" wrote:

> Changing mouse drivers will NOT work for sure.. your old program does not
> recognise the scroll function available on the mouse, and it never will..
>

> "myorange" <myorange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am using an old Access 2.0 program, intended to run on win 3.x. I am
> > running it on windows xp, and when I do so, the scroll function on my
> > mouse
> > dos'nt work in the program. It works fine outside the program.
> >
> > I think it is because the Access 2.0 program is 16-bit and my mouse driver
> > is 32 bit. So I need a mouse driver that can use the scroll function in a
> > 16-bit environment, as well as in a 32-bit environment.
> >
> > I have asked Logitech, the developer of my mouse, but they do not have
> > any.
> >
> > Hope you can help me.

Yes, upgrade Access 2.0 to the 2003 version and the scroll function will
work just fine.