16 bit MS-DOS subsystem

Derrick

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
15
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
do i fix this?
--
sjjakal
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?

"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
> when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
> needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
> Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
> do i fix this?
> --
> sjjakal
 

Derrick

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
15
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

no
--
sjjakal


"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
>
> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
> > do i fix this?
> > --
> > sjjakal
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.

"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
> no
> --
> sjjakal
>
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
>>
>> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
>> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
>> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
>> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
>> > do i fix this?
>> > --
>> > sjjakal
>>
 

Derrick

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
15
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

these same programs ran perfectly about 3 days ago. I've had some of these
programs for over 3 months.
--
sjjakal


"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.
>
> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
> > no
> > --
> > sjjakal
> >
> >
> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
> >>
> >> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
> >> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
> >> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
> >> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
> >> > do i fix this?
> >> > --
> >> > sjjakal
> >>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;314106

"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:B4FDA531-5175-482A-8365-B3ECCC7BA074@microsoft.com...
> these same programs ran perfectly about 3 days ago. I've had some of these
> programs for over 3 months.
> --
> sjjakal
>
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.
>>
>> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
>> > no
>> > --
>> > sjjakal
>> >
>> >
>> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
>> >>
>> >> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
>> >> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
>> >> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
>> >> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
>> >> > do i fix this?
>> >> > --
>> >> > sjjakal
>> >>
>>
 

Paul

Splendid
Mar 30, 2004
5,267
0
25,780
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi, Derrick,
I've had the same issue for 3 months now. Spent numerous hours on
it...hashing out tons of possibilities. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a
fix for it. I've learned to live with it and work around it. I'm waiting
for the next Windows release, when MS upgrades XP. I've been tempted to
restore my PC to the factory settings and reload my programs, but that'll
burn a couple of days.
--
Paul


"derrick" wrote:

> these same programs ran perfectly about 3 days ago. I've had some of these
> programs for over 3 months.
> --
> sjjakal
>
>
> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
> > Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.
> >
> > "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
> > > no
> > > --
> > > sjjakal
> > >
> > >
> > > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> > >
> > >> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
> > >>
> > >> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
> > >> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
> > >> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
> > >> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
> > >> > do i fix this?
> > >> > --
> > >> > sjjakal
> > >>
> >
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

search nicrosoft knoweledgebase
there is a solution for 16 bit subsystem ms dos problem there
 

Paul

Splendid
Mar 30, 2004
5,267
0
25,780
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Not for the message we're talking about. Our message says the Local
Settings Temp file is missing or can't be written to, but it's there and why
it can't be written to is anyone's guess.
--
Paul


"Brian Clegg" wrote:

> search nicrosoft knoweledgebase
> there is a solution for 16 bit subsystem ms dos problem there
>
>
>
 

Paul

Splendid
Mar 30, 2004
5,267
0
25,780
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

No, it's not the same problem. When will Windows XP be upgraded by
Microsoft? I'm reasonably certain a glitch like this will be washed away in
an upgrade. I've heard the release will take place sometime late next year,
but that's according to Business Week. You hear anything different?
--
Paul


"Mark" wrote:

> The following website contains a program called XP_Fix.exe that may resolve your problem.
>
> VisualTour.com Downloads - XP_Fix.EXE (07/29/04 140KB)
> http://www.visualtour.com/downloads/
>
>
> "Brian Clegg" <brianclegg1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23j05T2mTFHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> search nicrosoft knoweledgebase
> there is a solution for 16 bit subsystem ms dos problem there
>
>
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS