Derrick

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
do i fix this?
--
sjjakal

Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?

"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
> when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
> needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
> Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
> do i fix this?
> --
> sjjakal

Derrick

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

no
--
sjjakal

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
>
> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
> > do i fix this?
> > --
> > sjjakal

Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.

"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
> no
> --
> sjjakal
>

> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?
>>
>> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:AAEBED5F-09F0-410C-B665-B39A44B73ED1@microsoft.com...
>> > when I try to open up certain progams I get the message, A temporary file
>> > needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to.
>> > Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. How
>> > do i fix this?
>> > --
>> > sjjakal

Derrick

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

these same programs ran perfectly about 3 days ago. I've had some of these
programs for over 3 months.
--
sjjakal

"José Gallardo" wrote:

> Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.
>
> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
> > no
> > --
> > sjjakal
> >

> > "José Gallardo" wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any referente to "autoexec.nt" file?

See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;314106

"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:B4FDA531-5175-482A-8365-B3ECCC7BA074@microsoft.com...
> these same programs ran perfectly about 3 days ago. I've had some of these
> programs for over 3 months.
> --
> sjjakal
>

> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
>> Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.
>>
>> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
>> > no
>> > --
>> > sjjakal

Paul

Splendid

Hi, Derrick,
I've had the same issue for 3 months now. Spent numerous hours on
it...hashing out tons of possibilities. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a
fix for it. I've learned to live with it and work around it. I'm waiting
for the next Windows release, when MS upgrades XP. I've been tempted to
restore my PC to the factory settings and reload my programs, but that'll
burn a couple of days.
--
Paul

"derrick" wrote:

> these same programs ran perfectly about 3 days ago. I've had some of these
> programs for over 3 months.
> --
> sjjakal
>

> "José Gallardo" wrote:
>
> > Then it's likely these programs won't run under XP and you need a OS like Windows 98 to run them.
> >
> > "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:7E7D412D-423B-4E98-AC7E-3FB514381AEA@microsoft.com...
> > > no
> > > --
> > > sjjakal

search nicrosoft knoweledgebase
there is a solution for 16 bit subsystem ms dos problem there

Paul

Splendid

Not for the message we're talking about. Our message says the Local
Settings Temp file is missing or can't be written to, but it's there and why
it can't be written to is anyone's guess.
--
Paul

"Brian Clegg" wrote:

> search nicrosoft knoweledgebase
> there is a solution for 16 bit subsystem ms dos problem there

Paul

Splendid

No, it's not the same problem. When will Windows XP be upgraded by
Microsoft? I'm reasonably certain a glitch like this will be washed away in
an upgrade. I've heard the release will take place sometime late next year,
but that's according to Business Week. You hear anything different?
--
Paul