Question 16 GB memory kit. Windows shows 8.1 gb hardware reserved

Jun 16, 2022
PC is more than 3 years old.
I have 2x8 gb memory kit and windows shows only 7.92 gb as usable and rest is hardware reserved.
I have read so much forums, watched videos on yt. I tried msconfig, tried advanced system settings, looked in bios.
Also, my brother did thorough cleaning of pc and when he tried to remove cpu cooler, he pulled cpu with it.
Could it be that what is causing the issue?

Jun 16, 2022
PC is more than 3 years old.
I have 2x8 gb memory kit and windows shows only 7.92 gb as usable and rest is hardware reserved.
I have read so much forums, watched videos on yt. I tried msconfig, tried advanced system settings, looked in bios.
Also, my brother did thorough cleaning of pc and when he tried to remove cpu cooler, he pulled cpu with it.
Could it be that what is causing the issue?

PC specs:
MB: Gigabyte x470 gaming 7 wifi
CPU: AMD ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: Kingston hyperx 2x8 gb 2993 mhz
GPU: nvidia gtx 1070 oc
SSD: samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe

What ram slots are modules installed in?
For 2 module configuration you have to use slots DDR4_2, DDR4_1 (consult motherboard user manual).
Those are slots #2 and #4 (counting from CPU).

If putting ram modules in correct slots doesn't help, then it may be necessary to update BIOS to latest non-beta version.
Read BIOS update notes. It may be necessary to update BIOS in multiple steps, depending on your current BIOS version.
Improper BIOS update can brick your motherboard, so be extra careful.

Jun 16, 2022
What ram slots are modules installed in?
For 2 module configuration you have to use slots DDR4_2, DDR4_1 (consult motherboard user manual).
Those are slots #2 and #4 (counting from CPU).

If putting ram modules in correct slots doesn't help, then it may be necessary to update BIOS to latest non-beta version.
Read BIOS update notes. It may be necessary to update BIOS in multiple steps, depending on your current BIOS version.
Improper BIOS update can brick your motherboard, so be extra careful.

I did a multiple steps bios update about half a year ago (manufacturer notes told to do it that way). That was a way before this problem occured.
It all started when we (me and my brother) bought NVMe SSD, that the problem occured (I did not notice right away).

RAM sticks are in DDR4_1 adn DDR4_2 slots, it was that for more than 3 years and there were no problems.

Also , I did reseat my RAM again and it looks like if it isn't in DDR4_1 adn DDR4_2 slots, it won't post at all.
When I did that before it booted correctly, now it won't.

Jun 16, 2022
I did some reseating again and this time I was thorough and I discovered that RAM slots number 3 and 4 from CPU wont start if there is single stick in them. Could it be that my RAM slots are dead or something else? Thanks in advance.