Question 16 Gb RAM hardware reserved

Nov 21, 2020
Hello guys!I've encountered this problem: Yesterday, I've bought 2 more RAM sticks for my PC.There already have been 2 sticks, 2x HyperX DDR4-2666 8192MB PC4-21300 Fury Black (HX426C16FB2/8)There were placed something like that: 11 (* - empty slot, 1 - used by stick)The new RAM sticks have the same specs, however, are a kind of newer revision, or something like that: HyperX DDR4-2666 16384MB PC4-21300 (Kit of 2x8192) Fury Black (HX426C16FB3K2/16)And yeah, the first two sticks were bought separately, and new 2 sticks were bought as a kit.When I've plugged in new sticks, I have the following problem: Windows 10 says that 32 Gb are installed, but the total memory is 15.9 Gb. And a task manager says that there are .../32 GB commited, but only 15.9 are available for usage, and 16.1 GB are Hardware reserved.If this could help, my PC spec:Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B450 ProCPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600XGPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070Please, help me! I'm stuggling it the whole day :(
P.S. I've achieved 24 Gb of memory, by placing memory like this:
NNO* (where N - new memory stick, O - old, * - empy)
And yeah, there are currently 24 Gb, but when I'm attaching one more O stick to that empty slot, the problem with 16Gb available and 16 Gb reserved appears again :(

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are all sticks the same make and model? So long as they are the same frequency, capacity and voltage, you should be fine. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What OS version are you working with?

Pictures would be a better example of the ram slots or the numbers of the slots with regards to what's written on the motherboard PCB, instead of stating things like some magic spell casting session, no offence, things like ram troubleshooting does take some brain matter to get right ;)

Nov 21, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are all sticks the same make and model? So long as they are the same frequency, capacity and voltage, you should be fine. What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? What OS version are you working with?

Pictures would be a better example of the ram slots or the numbers of the slots with regards to what's written on the motherboard PCB, instead of stating things like some magic spell casting session, no offence, things like ram troubleshooting does take some brain matter to get right ;)
Good day ;)
I've attached 2 screenshots of my memory preset. N - is a new memory stick, O - old.
While using preset on first image, system allows to use only 16 Gb of RAM, while other 16 Gb are "hardware reserved". I've already tried a plenty of different presets, switching each stick in different slots (Mathematically, there are 4*4 = 16 different possible RAM presets, and yeah, I've tried them.....)
Using preset from the second image, when 1 stick is not attached, I have 24 Gb available, that of course is better than 16 Gb, but one stick is just lying on the table, being unused :(
My OS is Windows 10 Pro, with the latest update (Okay, may be not the latest, but it is 19041). Additionally, I've tried a few Linux based distros, one of them was loaded from Live CD mode (Ubuntu 20.10), and the other was booted from the hard drive, it is Hefftor (some Arch based distro), and they both showed the same results, with 24 Gb and 16 Gb.
Regarding my BIOS version, I was using the F2, then successfully updated to the latest F60c, but with no positive effect...
There is a screenshot with my System Info below
If it will be necessary, I could also provide a screenshot of my System info where it shows Installed physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 Gb and Total Physical Memory: 15.9 Gb, because currently I'm using 24 Gb preset, as I need to work, and I need at least 22 Gb of RAM for some software to run)

And yeah, these RAM sticks are almost same. They have same timings, same frequency, same capacitance. I've provided the full names of them in my post above) So there are the same, but have different revision, and the first 2 sticks were bought separately, and the second 2 sticks were bought as set of 2 (8+8) sticks.
Thanks in advance, and have a nice day)
lzrxpu6.jpg
rbN4qJc.jpg

VNF2Qp8.png