Question 16 GB RAM installed only showing 8GB physical

Apr 17, 2022
BaseBoard Product 960GM-VGS3 FX

Tried the MSCONFIG and unticking the max memory but it seems to re-tick it after restart and the max is set to 0 im not sure what to do about this is it because i only have 2 ram slots on my motherboard and ive got 2 8gb in each?

Mar 19, 2022
BaseBoard Product 960GM-VGS3 FX

Tried the MSCONFIG and unticking the max memory but it seems to re-tick it after restart and the max is set to 0 im not sure what to do about this is it because i only have 2 ram slots on my motherboard and ive got 2 8gb in each?
I also got this problem and tried several fixes and then I was forced to reinstall the the complete Windows 10 but still it was showing 8gb ram only usable then I have completely flash my bios but still go this error then I just open the both sticks of ram and then clean it with a eraser and a clean cloth and then I rearranged the ram in the slots(just rearrange the slots with the ram stickes) and it worked hope it will work to you also

Mar 19, 2022
I also got this problem and tried several fixes and then I was forced to reinstall the the complete Windows 10 but still it was showing 8gb ram only usable then I have completely flash my bios but still go this error then I just open the both sticks of ram and then clean it with a eraser and a clean cloth and then I rearranged the ram in the slots(just rearrange the slots with the ram stickes) and it worked hope it will work to you also
And if none of this method work then might be you have one faulty ram or the slots have some fault to detect which ram or slot is faulty booth the computer with only first stick of ram in first slot and then second stick of ram in second slot hope it will work

Apr 17, 2022
And if none of this method work then might be you have one faulty ram or the slots have some fault to detect which ram or slot is faulty booth the computer with only first stick of ram in first slot and then second stick of ram in second slot hope it will work
sadly none of this has worked ive tried everything and it just seems to just stick at 8gb but they are similar ram but not the same and im in single channel mode as i cant change it to dual