16 vs 32gb RAM (Gaming and many background apps) or quad core vs 6 six core i7 CPU

Billfish01

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Thank you for the replies, if you want to help more I've made a more comprehensive thread on my new build and my issues.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3332073/1st-build-7700k-6850k-general-advice-worth-future-proof-wait-build.html

Building a new computer. (Primarily gaming, but I may be doing a lot of browsing simultaneously)
z270/geforce gtx 1070(would rather wait on 2070 than get 1080) I7-7700k 4.5ghz turbo.

I plan on 2440 QHD gaming on one monitor and using a 2nd 1920 FHD monitor as a Misc. monitor.

Lets say I'm using a very high demand game like Hitman 3 on the primary monitor(Max settings) and meanwhile running Pandora and up to 20-30 other webpages on the 2nd monitor.

1.) Would it be worth getting 32gb on ram instead of 16gb.
2.) Would it be significantly better to get an x99 MB and i7-6800k 6 core CPU(I dont think I need 40 pcie lanes)
2-a.) If the answer to #2 is Yes, would the performance difference justify an extra $150-200 or would it be miniscual.
3.) Is it completely worthless to go past 16gb of RAM for what I'm suggesting.

Build currently about 1400 (Budget is 2k) but I have a hard time justifying anymore on the build unless *I NEED IT* in order to run those 20 webpages smoothly in the background. Would prefer to use on games and set aside a little for the gefore 2070.

Solution
I don't think 32gb of ddr4 ram is necessary for your needs, unless you use it for video production, lab work, programming which would be a "great" reason.
If you really don't mind paying 435.00+ dollars for i7 6800k, I would pick it up, the L3 cache in cpu's is where it mostly depends at.
Especially if you like big games that would chew through your system resources like its going out of style.
That 6800k will clock real good if you know what your doing, if you don't mind 4.0ghz that will handle just about everything you need.
I suggest you read this and then ask them how to properly oc so you won't be on the phone with intel rma support begging for a replacment...
I don't think 32gb of ddr4 ram is necessary for your needs, unless you use it for video production, lab work, programming which would be a "great" reason.
If you really don't mind paying 435.00+ dollars for i7 6800k, I would pick it up, the L3 cache in cpu's is where it mostly depends at.
Especially if you like big games that would chew through your system resources like its going out of style.
That 6800k will clock real good if you know what your doing, if you don't mind 4.0ghz that will handle just about everything you need.
I suggest you read this and then ask them how to properly oc so you won't be on the phone with intel rma support begging for a replacment.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/775223-Help-How-do-I-overclock-my-i7-6800k

Solution